[comp.sys.mac.programmer] suggestion for name for next dev cd

breidenb@Informatik.TU-Muenchen.DE (Oliver Breidenbach) (03/20/91)

hi there,
whoever is responsible for the names of the dev cds does a remarkable
good job. In case that he (she) runs out of ideas: How about "Dancing with the
Disks"?
Oliver.

francis@zaphod.uchicago.edu (03/21/91)

In article <1991Mar20.155646.3401@Informatik.TU-Muenchen.DE> breidenb@Informatik.TU-Muenchen.DE (Oliver Breidenbach) writes:

>whoever is responsible for the names of the dev cds does a remarkable
>good job. In case that he (she) runs out of ideas: How about "Dancing with the
>Disks"?

Neat idea.  But how about a slight mod: "Dances with Developers"?
(After all, they're naming the disks... :-)

Anybody want to stand up and take a bow for the existing discs?

--
/============================================================================\
| Francis Stracke	       | My opinions are my own.  I don't steal them.|

Christopher Tate <CXT105@psuvm.psu.edu> (03/21/91)

In article <FRANCIS.91Mar20173328@arthur.zaphod.uchicago.edu>,
francis@zaphod.uchicago.edu says:

>Anybody want to stand up and take a bow for the existing discs?

And for those of us who have only *heard* of these beasts, without actually
seeing them (well, I did get to see "Gorillas..." just the other day), how
'bout a list of the names used so far, just for kicks?

-------
Christopher Tate                    |  "And as I watch the drops of rain
                                    |   Weave their weary paths and die,
cxt105@psuvm.psu.edu                |   I know that I am like the rain;
{...}!psuvax1!psuvm.bitnet!cxt105   |   There but for the grace of you go I."
cxt105@psuvm.bitnet                 |          -- Simon & Garfunkel

ech@cbnewsk.att.com (ned.horvath) (03/21/91)

In article <1991Mar20.155646.3401@Informatik.TU-Muenchen.DE> breidenb@Informatik.TU-Muenchen.DE (Oliver Breidenbach) writes:

>whoever is responsible for the names of the dev cds does a remarkable
>good job. In case that he (she) runs out of ideas: How about "Dancing with the
>Disks"?

Well, I think if Apple had a sense of humor, we would have long since seen

	[drum roll]...

		"Seven Can Wait"

	...[rim shot]

	[sound of certified developer status being reduced to ashes]

=Ned Horvath=
ehorvath@attmail.com

tim@hoptoad.uucp (Tim Maroney) (03/24/91)

"Disc Runner"
"Little Disc of Horrors"
"Disc 9 From Outer Space" (vol IX)

"What's bad? What's the use of turning?
 In Hell I'll be there a-burning!
 Meanwhile, think of what I'm earning!
 All on account of my name." - Bill Sykes, "Oliver"

davoli@natinst.com (Russell Davoli) (03/26/91)

In article <16415@hoptoad.uucp>, tim@hoptoad.uucp (Tim Maroney) writes:
> "Disc 9 From Outer Space" (vol IX)

I wish I had thought of that one.  Here's some more thoughts:

"A Hard Disc's Night"
"Disk Track II: The Disc of Khan"
"Abbott and Costello Meet Diskenstein"

If we don't have to include "Disc" or "Disk" in the title somewhere, then
the Vol. VII disk could be "The Magnificent Seventh".

--Russell

finnegan@dhw68k.cts.com (Greg Finnegan) (03/31/91)

This is a little out-dated, but it was pretty funny when it was
first suggested at last years developers conference (when Apple tolde
us that 7.0 would be out in Q4 1990).  Someone suggested the name

Hunt for System 7 in October

Guess you had to be there.

Greg.

--

uucp: ...{spsd,zardoz,felix}!dhw68k!finnegan
InterNet: finnegan@dhw68k.cts.com

wirehead@oxy.edu (David J. Harr) (04/01/91)

How about "20,000 kbytes under the CD"?

David