[comp.sys.mac.programmer] Control Panel Positions

kent@sunfs3.Camex.COM (Kent Borg) (04/03/91)

For you 7.0-smart people: When I open a pre-7.0 control panel under
7.0b4, a window opens.  I can move the window, close, and reopen it,
and it will appear in the new position.

How did that happen?  Is the Finder keeping track of every single
Control Panel it has ever seen?  (And what keys force a rebuild of the
control panel cache?)

--
Kent Borg                            internet: kent@camex.com   AOL: kent borg
                                            H:(617) 776-6899  W:(617) 426-3577

In article <1908@camex.COM> kent@sunfs3.Camex.COM (Kent Borg) writes:
>For you 7.0-smart people: When I open a pre-7.0 control panel under
>7.0b4, a window opens.  I can move the window, close, and reopen it,
>and it will appear in the new position.
>
>How did that happen?  Is the Finder keeping track of every single
>Control Panel it has ever seen?  (And what keys force a rebuild of the
>control panel cache?)

And what about DAs?  They seem to suddenly know where they were last
sitting.  Who-done-it?

nerm@Apple.COM (Dean Yu) (04/03/91)

In article <1908@camex.COM> kent@sunfs3.Camex.COM (Kent Borg) writes:
>For you 7.0-smart people: When I open a pre-7.0 control panel under
>7.0b4, a window opens.  I can move the window, close, and reopen it,
>and it will appear in the new position.
>
>How did that happen?  Is the Finder keeping track of every single
>Control Panel it has ever seen?  (And what keys force a rebuild of the
>control panel cache?)

  The Finder writes the window positions of control panels and desk
accessories into a 'fwst' resource in the actual file.  It's 22 bytes long,
but I'm not sure of the exact format of the data in it.

  -- Dean