[comp.sys.mac.programmer] Creating THINK C code that uses 68881 if available

18729@rhodes (03/28/91)

        The Code Generation option allows you to specify generation of
code that uses the 68881 coprocessor.  Is it possible to generate code
that only tries to use the coprocessor if it is available?   The same
goes for machines that use the 68020.  BTW, the documentation states
that you have to convert 96 bit doubles to SANEs 80 bit doubles.
How do I cast that?

			Thanks in advance,   Karl Merkley

aep@world.std.com (Andrew E Page) (04/04/91)

In article <1991Mar27.104043.1@rhodes> 18729@rhodes writes:

>        The Code Generation option allows you to specify generation of
>code that uses the 68881 coprocessor.  Is it possible to generate code
>that only tries to use the coprocessor if it is available?   The same
>goes for machines that use the 68020.  BTW, the documentation states

  Sounds like an awfully nice but complicated feature to add to a compiler
doesn't it?  Sadly the coprocessor option applies to the entire code project
and not just the source file at hand, thus compilcating the effort.  Your
best bet would be to work with MPW and create two source files for the same
routine, then diddle the .make file to set the compiler options accordingly.

--
Andrew E. Page (Warrior Poet)   |   Decision and Effort The Archer and Arrow
Concepts Engineering            |     The difference between what we are