[comp.sys.mac.programmer] Internal File Formats

smith@glinda.ctron.com (Larry Smith) (04/06/91)

We are standing in need of information about the internal file formats used
in Word, MacDraft, and Canvas for the Mac.  We need to convert some files
from these programs to something a SPARC can display, *any* information about
internal file formats or transfer formats (TIFF?) etc. would be greatly
appreciated.  Pointers to such information also welcome.

Larry Smith
smith@ctron.com

lim@iris.ucdavis.edu (Lloyd Lim) (04/09/91)

In article <1404@glinda.ctron.com> smith@glinda.UUCP () writes:
>We are standing in need of information about the internal file formats used
>in Word, MacDraft, and Canvas for the Mac.  We need to convert some files
>from these programs to something a SPARC can display, *any* information about
>internal file formats or transfer formats (TIFF?) etc. would be greatly
>appreciated.  Pointers to such information also welcome.

MacDraft's format is proprietary to IDD and you'd have to ask them for it.
As far as I know, nobody else knows it.  But since I worked there before,
I can tell you that you don't want read it.  Trust me.  The format takes
a lot of code to be able to read and some parts are not even understood
within IDD itself (don't ask).  It would be much better to convert the
documents to PICT and use some PICT conversion scheme.

+++
Lloyd Lim     Internet: lim@iris.eecs.ucdavis.edu
              America Online: LimUnltd
              Compuserve: 72647,660
              US Mail: 215 Lysle Leach Hall, U.C. Davis, Davis, CA 95616