[comp.sys.mac.programmer] Macsbug question

bell@eniac.seas.upenn.edu (Mike Bell) (06/24/89)

   I am trying to debug a piece of Nubus hardware, and I need to look at
some addresses using super slot mode. Unfortunately, Macsbug seems to
only want to do 24 bit addressing. Is there some way to change the addressing
mode ? Or do I need a different version ( I have 6.1b?).

			Thanks.

			Mike Bell
			bell@eniac.seas.upenn.edu

Mike Bell                                     CSnet: BELLMA%ERVX01@dupont.com
Senior Engineer                               Applelink: D2747
DuPont Electronic Imaging
Core Technology Group

            Can YOUR mac play FOOTBALL ????

brad@ecst.csuchico.edu (Brad Lowe) (04/12/91)

Does anyone know how to do a "go until back in the application heap" in Macsbug?
It sure would be nice to use after hitting the interrupt switch when you are
god-knows-where with no valid stack etc...

Apreciatedly,
Brad Lowe
brad@cscihp.ecst.csuchico.edu
[yamma yamma yamma]

REEKES@applelink.apple.com (Jim Reekes) (04/15/91)

In article <1991Apr11.180530.21562@ecst.csuchico.edu>, brad@ecst.csuchico.edu (Brad Lowe) writes:

> Does anyone know how to do a "go until back in the application heap" in Macsbug?
> It sure would be nice to use after hitting the interrupt switch when you are
> god-knows-where with no valid stack etc...

You could enter this to break at the next trap your application calls.

ATB (PC>ApplZone^) & (PC<HeapEnd^)

Jim Reekes, Mac Toolbox Engineer