[comp.sys.mac.programmer] Death to the Finder ?

sho@gibbs.physics.purdue.edu (Sho Kuwamoto) (04/18/91)

In article <=B5_#A_@smurf.sub.org> urlichs@smurf.sub.org (Matthias Urlichs) writes:
>It seems to be possible to kill the Finder. The 7.0 Installer does it, for
>instance. I don't know how it does this; it probably just sends the Finder a
>QUIT AppleEvent.

Speaking of which, does anyone have a list of the AppleEvents which
have been decided upon so far?  I wouldn't be surprised to see QUIT
and OPEN AppleEvents, since the Finder already uses a kludge to fake
apps into quitting and opening files.  Other than that, I have no clue
as to what's in and what's not.  Is there an EDIT AppleEvent that my
THINK C compiler can use to ask another editor to edit a particular
file at a particular line?  Is there a spell check Apple Event?
Youth wants to know.

-Sho
--
sho@physics.purdue.edu <<-- damn.  maybe i'd better get a CD-ROM so I
                            don't have to ask these silly questions.