[comp.sys.mac.programmer] Menu's under System 7

rsarin@aix01.aix.rpi.edu (Raman K. Sarin) (04/21/91)

Newsgroups: comp.mac.programming
Subject: A question, sys 7 and menus...
Okay Mac Gurus: I have a question that's real basic, but I'm too dumb
to figure out the answer for myself:

I'm trying to learn to program my Mac and using the books Macintosh Programming
Primer (using Think C).  In the sample program Timer ( page 175) they discuss
how to use menus, and install them, this involves adding resources to the
programs .rsrc file and then calling the menu manager, anyway the following
call is apparently illegal under system 7:

 AddResMenu( gAppleMenu, 'DRVR');

which allows you to put all the DA's in the apple menu, what is the correct
call under Sys 7?  Secondly how come my File Menu isn't showing up? I've
got the MBAR resource to contain 2 menus (400, 401) and 400 is the apple menu
which shows up ( if I comment out the above line ) with my About... in it,
but the File menu never seems to show.

-thankyou in advance...

-Raman Sarin
.