[comp.sys.mac.programmer] font display in WORD 4.0

rrw@naucse.cse.nau.edu (Robert Wier) (04/12/91)

 I've been using WORD 4.0 for text processing for some time
 (mainly because under MacWrite 4.5 and operating 6.0.5 on
 a Mac ci, MW4.5 DESTROYED your document when you did a
 spelling check (one way to get rid of spelling errors, I
 guess :-) )...

 Anyway, I just got a look at MacWrite II (which I recently
 read is going to be superceeded very soon), and noted kind of
 a nice feature in the FONT menu - the fonts had their names
 displayed IN the font named.

 Now, I've checked the WORD manual everywhere I can think of and
 don't find a similar feature.  A little suprising, considering
 that WORD is generally considered (at least around here) as the
 "Big Brother" of MacWrite.

 Does anyone know if there is a way in WORD 4.0 to get this?

 THANKS

 - Bob Wier

 -------------- insert favorite standard disclaimers here ----------
                      College of Engineering
         Northern Arizona University / Flagstaff, Arizona
  Internet: rrw@naucse.cse.nau.edu | BITNET: WIER@NAUVAX | WB5KXH
                or   uucp:  ...arizona!naucse!rrw

ben@duttnph.tudelft.nl (Ben Verwer) (04/26/91)

rrw@naucse.cse.nau.edu (Robert Wier) writes:

> Anyway, I just got a look at MacWrite II (which I recently
> read is going to be superceeded very soon), and noted kind of
> a nice feature in the FONT menu - the fonts had their names
> displayed IN the font named.
> Does anyone know if there is a way in WORD 4.0 to get this?

Hold down the option key when choosing the menu!

---

Ben Verwer                          Lorentzweg 1            tel +31(15)783247
Pattern Recognition Group           2628 CJ Delft           fax +31(15)626740
Faculty of Applied Physics          The Netherlands
Delft University of Technology

---
int O; main(){char*l;if(*(O+++(l="\n!telbuoder"))/*l) exit('-'-'-');

d88-jwa@byse.nada.kth.se (Jon W{tte) (04/27/91)

   > a nice feature in the FONT menu - the fonts had their names
   > displayed IN the font named.

   > Does anyone know if there is a way in WORD 4.0 to get this?

   Hold down the option key when choosing the menu!

I don't think it's Word doing that, I think it's Suitcase.

--
						Jon W{tte
						h+@nada.kth.se