[comp.sys.mac.programmer] MacApp and offscreen

gtall@ogre.cica.indiana.edu (Gerry Allwein) (04/30/91)

Does anyone know if the offscreen drawing support in the
qExperimentalAndUnsupported part of MacApp is going to be upgraded to
qStandardAndTotallyReal in MacApp 3.0? I'm reluctant to use what's there if
it will be changing. What I want are pixmaps that aren't continually being
allocated and deallocated everytime a DoOffScreen call is made.

Gerry

keith@Apple.COM (Keith Rollin) (05/01/91)

In article <1991Apr30.122052.27539@cica.indiana.edu> gtall@ogre.cica.indiana.edu (Gerry Allwein) writes:
>Does anyone know if the offscreen drawing support in the
>qExperimentalAndUnsupported part of MacApp is going to be upgraded to
>qStandardAndTotallyReal in MacApp 3.0? I'm reluctant to use what's there if
>it will be changing. What I want are pixmaps that aren't continually being
>allocated and deallocated everytime a DoOffScreen call is made.

The offscreen stuff in MacApp 3.0 is currently _out_. This is
because the MacApp engineers are typing their little fingers off
putting in 7.0 support. Also, they realized that for really good
offscreen support, then needed to do a lot more work than represented
by the qExperimentalAndUnsupported routines. Seeing that they want
to get MacApp 3.0 done by the end of the year, there isn't time to
engineer all that support.

(is "engineer" a verb?)

Keith Rollin  ---  Apple Computer, Inc.
INTERNET: keith@apple.com
"But where the senses fail us, reason must step in."  - Galileo