[comp.sys.mac.programmer] tech note 277

rcook@eagle.wesleyan.edu (04/30/91)

I have often seen reference to a tech note #277, but I have not seen it in any
archive.  In fact, I haven't seen any tech notes numbered 269-288 at all
anywhere.  Forgive me if I got the numbers wrong, I don't have my tech note
directory with me :-), but check sumex-aim if you like (and can get in :-).
What's the story?  Are there tech notes in this range? If so, where are they?
If not, why not?  thanks.

rc

------------------------
Randall Cook
rcook@eagle.wesleyan.edu
------------------------

Jim.Spencer@p510.f22.n282.z1.mn.org (Jim Spencer) (05/01/91)

rcook@eagle.wesleyan.edu in a message to all says:

U> I have often seen reference to a tech note #277, but I have not
U> seen it in any archive. In fact, I haven't seen any tech notes
U> numbered 269-288 at all anywhere. Forgive me if I got the numbers
U> wrong, I don't have my tech note directory with me :-), but check
U> sumex-aim if you like (and can get in :-). What's the story?
U> Are there tech notes in this range? If so, where are they? If
U> not, why not? thanks.

Sounds like you are missing the April 1990 Tech Notes release and later.  I've got through 284 on paper here and in the Tech Notes Stack, at least the Feb. 1991 release.

#277 is entitled "Of Time and Space and _CopyBits."

zben@ni.umd.edu (Ben Cranston) (05/02/91)

In article <1991Apr29.163747.42313@eagle.wesleyan.edu>
rcook@eagle.wesleyan.edu writes:

> I have often seen reference to a tech note #277, but I have not seen it in
> any archive.  In fact, I haven't seen any tech notes numbered 269-288 at all
> anywhere.  Forgive me if I got the numbers wrong, I don't have my tech note
> directory with me :-), but check sumex-aim if you like (and can get in :-).
> What's the story?  Are there tech notes in this range? If so, where are they?
> If not, why not?  thanks.

The latest paper mailing has through 299 (good, I don't have to start a new
binder just yet... :-) and was entitled April 1991.  I do make a text listing
of just the titles as part of my archive process, does anybody want this list
posted?

AppleLink seems to have through 293 or so in the various separate directories
(275-299, etc) but the TN0 at the top is the December 1990 version rather than
the February 1991 version that includes through 293.  This was probably an
inadvertant slip in updating the archive.  I sent mail to MacDTS about this
last week.

The Apple FTP sites seem broken or constipated.  The apple.com host has TN0
as of February 1990 (not 1991, now more than a year out of date) and notes
up through 268.  The ftp.apple.com host seems to be broken, I was told back
in March that "the disk was broken and they are getting a new one".

Some kind soul posts the new tech notes on one of the binaries groups, so
you could always haunt the binary group and save and decode all the new
notes one by one.  That's what I'm currently reduced to doing.