[comp.sys.mac.programmer] TRUETYPE INIT ??

Ken.Watson@f444.n161.z1.FIDONET.ORG (Ken Watson) (04/29/91)

From what I understand, Apple has provided a TrueType Init used on systems
other than 7.0 . This Init is provided free of charge however I am not
certain about the supporting fonts. I have been looking for this Init all to
no avail. Would be nice to actually see first hand how this font style looks
before comitting my system to the up comming 7.0 . Can anyone help?  My name
is Ken and I would apprishiate any info on this. Many Thanks!

--
Ken Watson - via FidoNet node 1:125/777
    UUCP: ...!uunet!hoptoad!fidogate!161!444!Ken.Watson

Henry.Sohn@f444.n161.z1.FIDONET.ORG (Henry Sohn) (04/29/91)

Ken

The INIT that is needed in conjunction with 6.0.7 is included with the Apple
StyleWriter that has recently been released.  It is "free of charge."
However, I'm not sure if Apple has agreed to allow copies of this INIT to be
released on bulletin boards.  System 6.0.7 is required, and this can be
obtained at dealers, etc.  They may also give you (or most likely sell you) a
copy of the INIT as well as the True Type fonts.  (You also need the new
version of Font/Da Mover 4.1 to copy these new fonts.) If you've used or seen
ATM, however, the appearance is virtually identical although there are some
differences. Whether one is better than the other is quite debatable.

Henry "Henrus" Sohn, Berkeley

--
Henry Sohn - via FidoNet node 1:125/777
    UUCP: ...!uunet!hoptoad!fidogate!161!444!Henry.Sohn

Ellis.Young@f444.n161.z1.FIDONET.ORG (Ellis Young) (04/29/91)

The INIT and the True Type fonts are available from MacMentors BBS
(617) 472-6970.  Instant access available.  Area code 617 is Mass.

--
Ellis Young - via FidoNet node 1:125/777
    UUCP: ...!uunet!hoptoad!fidogate!161!444!Ellis.Young

geck@edison.seas.ucla.edu (William Geck) (05/05/91)

The TrueType INIT and fonts are available using anonymous ftp from
apple.apple.com.  The files needed are in the directory
pub/dts/sw.license.  Download stylewriter-install.hqx and
truetype-fonts-1-0.hqx.

-Ross Geck
 geck@ee.ucla.edu
 geck@seas.edison.ucla.edu

jimb@silvlis.com (Jim Budler) (05/06/91)

In article <14195.281F5792@fidogate.FIDONET.ORG> Henry.Sohn@f444.n161.z1.FIDONET.ORG (Henry Sohn) writes:
>Ken
>
>The INIT that is needed in conjunction with 6.0.7 is included with the Apple
>StyleWriter that has recently been released.  It is "free of charge."
>However, I'm not sure if Apple has agreed to allow copies of this INIT to be
>released on bulletin boards.

It's on GEnie and Compuserve.

I guess that means they allow it on any bulletin board they've allowed things
in the past.

They'll probably allow System 7 also. Anyone dumb enough to pay about
$200 to download it from Compuserve instead of $99 to get the disk and
manuals is welcome to it. If they didn't people would complain. Go figure!

jim

--
     /  o         /      Jim Budler      jimb@silvlis.com      |  Proud