[comp.sys.mac.programmer] Think C/7.0FC1

mrhoten@neon.Stanford.EDU (Matthew Paul Rhoten) (05/03/91)

OK, here's the setup: I'm using a Macintosh SE/30, running 7.0FC1, and
Think C 4.04 with the new MPW-ish interfaces.

Here's the problem: a project containing one C source file which itself
contains "main() {}" crashes sporadically at runtime trying to access some
chunk of memory that's way towards the 4 gigabyte addressable limit.
On occasion I'll get information in the debugger about a 'scod' event,
so I'm wondering whether this is an incompatibility with the new high-level
events.

From what I can tell, running the program outside of the environment or
using the debugger fixes the problem, but I'm not certain.

Does anyone else have problems like this? The number of reboots I'm being
required to make is rather annoying. The project in question uses high-level
events to communicate between two or possibly three processes. I'm not going
to wimp out and use some hack to get it to work, so going back to 6.0.x and
the old interfaces isn't really a viable option.

Great compiler, though.
 -matt

--
Matt Rhoten             | PO Box 10031       | Standard disclaimers apply.
mrhoten@cs.stanford.edu | Stanford, CA 94309 | (415) 497-2853 | veni vidi vomui

jimb@silvlis.com (Jim Budler) (05/06/91)

In article <1991May3.002915.29453@neon.Stanford.EDU> mrhoten@cs.Stanford.EDU writes:
>OK, here's the setup: I'm using a Macintosh SE/30, running 7.0FC1, and
>Think C 4.04 with the new MPW-ish interfaces.

Am I the only one wondering what this 4.04 is? I thought the last
release was 4.02. Where's my update?

jim

--
     /  o         /      Jim Budler      jimb@silvlis.com      |  Proud