[comp.sys.mac.programmer] MacApp/Eiffel?

nvi@mace.cc.purdue.edu (Charles C. Allen) (05/07/91)

The following appears in an article in the 1991 April FrameWorks:

	"Many of you have seen the traffic on MacApp.Tech$ discussing
	the relative merits of C++, Pascal, Eiffel, and whatever else
	happens to work with MacApp--or will someday."

I'm intrigued by what people have been saying about the future
prospects of Eiffel on the Mac.  Perhaps someone who reads that
conference can summarize what's been said?

Charles Allen                           Internet: cca@physics.purdue.edu
Department of Physics                   HEPnet:   purdnu::allen, fnal::cca
Purdue University                       Bitnet:   cca@fnal.bitnet
West Lafayette, IN  47907-1396          talknet:  317/494-9776

keith@Apple.COM (Keith Rollin) (05/09/91)

In article <7402@mace.cc.purdue.edu> nvi@mace.cc.purdue.edu (Charles C. Allen) writes:
>The following appears in an article in the 1991 April FrameWorks:
>
>	"Many of you have seen the traffic on MacApp.Tech$ discussing
>	the relative merits of C++, Pascal, Eiffel, and whatever else
>	happens to work with MacApp--or will someday."
>
>I'm intrigued by what people have been saying about the future
>prospects of Eiffel on the Mac.  Perhaps someone who reads that
>conference can summarize what's been said?

There's nothing earthshaking here. The writer of the above passage is
one James Plamandon. James, as any habitue of MacApp.Tech$ can tell
you, is an Eiffel freak, and spares no opportunity to make a plug for
it. His mentioning of Eiffel above is just another of his attempts to
gain mindshare for it.

Keith Rollin  ---  Apple Computer, Inc.
INTERNET: keith@apple.com
"But where the senses fail us, reason must step in."  - Galileo