[comp.sys.mac.programmer] Converting Sparcstation .au files to Mac/Atari format

dmb@wam.umd.edu (David M. Baggett) (05/09/91)

In article <1991May8.055008.2758@isc.rit.edu> drp9500@isc.rit.edu (D.R. Paradis ) writes:
>sound files with the .au extender are Sun Audio files.
>
>As of now I cannot figure how to convert them into ANY format that the
>ST can handle.  :-(

The Atari uses the same sample data format as the Mac, so if there's
a way to convert Sparcstation samples to Mac format, you can use
them (the data forks) on the Atari as well.

Could some kind Mac wizard point me to a Sparc->Mac sample converter?
Given source for such a utility I could write an ST version and make
many Atari owners happy.  (Or at least happier.)

Thanks,

Dave Baggett
dmb%wam.umd.edu@uunet.uu.net