[comp.sys.mac.programmer] ResEdit 2.1

mvg@pnet51.orb.mn.org (Mitchell Gossman) (02/01/91)

Strange, I can't find Resedit 2.1 in the Sumex archives. Is it there, and if
so, where? If not there, is there another ftp site that does have it?

Mitchell Vincent Gossman, Minneapolis, Minnesota, USA
mvg@pnet51.cts.com
crash!orbit!pnet51!mvg@nosc.mil

scharff@ucunix.san.uc.edu (Guillermo Scharffenorth) (04/29/91)

I know this question has been asked a couple thousend times here, but
I have never seen the  answer.  Is there any FTP site (not APDA or APPLE
LINK, I have no access to them) which has resedit 2.1?  I tried in
sumex and umich, and had no luck.  Can someone please email this info
to me?  I would really appreciate, I am using resedit 2.0bx which I think
has many bugs.

Thanks,

Guillermo Scharffenorth
scharff@ucunix.san.uc.edu

laird@chinet.chi.il.us (Laird J. Heal) (04/29/91)

In article <1991Apr28.205723.21783@ucunix.san.uc.edu> scharff@ucunix.san.uc.edu (Guillermo Scharffenorth) writes:
>Is there any FTP site (not APDA or APPLE LINK, I have no access to them)
>which has resedit 2.1?

ResEdit 2.1 is licensed software - so look on commercial networks or maybe
in a user group's distribution -

and the book about ResEdit 2.1 has a copy tightly wrapped into the back -
so tightly glued in that getting it out without destroying the back cover
is a challenge.

By the way, make a duplicate copy of any resource file before you use this
program and frequently save it, especially if doing anything with - hmm,
everything I tried failed at least once corrupting the resource file,
didn't it now - keep copious numbers of backups, that's a good boy.

Oh yes, you'll probably have to pay for the book.

--
Laird J. Heal                           The Usenet is dead!
Here:  laird@chinet.chi.il.us		Long live the Usenet!

scharff@ucunix.san.uc.edu (Guillermo Scharffenorth) (04/30/91)

Thanks to all those that answer my "in which ftp-site can I find
resedit2.1" question.  The answer seems to be "in none."  Apparently
copyright prevents that resedit be distributed via ftp.

Guillermo Scharffenorth.

CAH0@bunny.gte.com (Chuck Hoffman) (04/30/91)

In article <1991Apr29.173213.15628@ucunix.san.uc.edu>
scharff@ucunix.san.uc.edu (Guillermo Scharffenorth) writes:
> Thanks to all those that answer my "in which ftp-site can I find
> resedit2.1" question.  The answer seems to be "in none."  Apparently
> copyright prevents that resedit be distributed via ftp.

I got my copy from America Online.  It included only a single user
license, though, so I use it at home, but I cannot distribute it at work.

Chuck Hoffman, GTE Laboratories, Inc.    |  I'm not sure why we're here,
cah0@bunny.gte.com                       |  but I am sure that while we're
Telephone (U.S.A.) 617-466-2131          |  here, we're supposed to help
GTE VoiceNet: 679-2131                   |  each other.
GTE Telemail: C.HOFFMAN                  |

Lawson.English@p88.f15.n300.z1.fidonet.org (Lawson English) (05/02/91)

Chuck Hoffman writes in a message to All

In article <1991Apr29.173213.15628@ucunix.san.uc.edu>
scharff@ucunix.san.uc.edu (Guillermo Scharffenorth) writes: > Thanks to all
those that answer my "in which ftp-site can I find > resedit2.1" question.
The answer seems to be "in none." Apparently > copyright prevents that resedit
be CH> distributed via ftp.
CH> I got my copy from America Online. It included only a single
CH> user license, though, so I use it at home, but I cannot distribute
CH> it at work.

??? ResEdit and MacsBug are "distribute-freely-ware" as far as I have ever heard.
My manual says to "share the good news" or words to that effect.

Lawson

--
Uucp: ...{gatech,ames,rutgers}!ncar!asuvax!stjhmc!300!15.88!Lawson.English
Internet: Lawson.English@p88.f15.n300.z1.fidonet.org

sxh@vax5.cit.cornell.edu (05/15/91)

Where can I get ResEdit 2.1 by anon ftp?

				Ray Zimmerman
				zman@ee.cornell.edu