[comp.sys.mac.programmer] MacPascal 3.0 print problem on LC

news@massey.ac.nz (USENET News System) (05/15/91)

MacPascal 3.0 will crash when attempting to print the Drawing window
on a Mac LC. I was told by the New Zealand agent for Symantec that a
patch would be available in March, but after several dozen phone
calls discovered yesterday that Symantec have produced no such patch.

Does anyone know of any way of circumventing this printing problem?
I have given up on Symantec, and will be avoiding them like the
plague in future (I mean, why does it take them 3 months to decide
to tell me that I have bought 40 copies of a package on the basis of
promise [made by their NZ agent] that they are not going to fulfil?)

Michael Jones
Ph +64 +63 69 099 Ext 8692
Fax +64 +63 505 611

stanger@otago.ac.nz (Nigel Stanger) (05/15/91)

In article <1991May14.220634.1320@massey.ac.nz>, news@massey.ac.nz (USENET News System) writes:
> MacPascal 3.0 will crash when attempting to print the Drawing window
> on a Mac LC. I was told by the New Zealand agent for Symantec that a
> patch would be available in March, but after several dozen phone
> calls discovered yesterday that Symantec have produced no such patch.
>
> Does anyone know of any way of circumventing this printing problem?
> I have given up on Symantec, and will be avoiding them like the
> plague in future (I mean, why does it take them 3 months to decide
> to tell me that I have bought 40 copies of a package on the basis of
> promise [made by their NZ agent] that they are not going to fulfil?)
>
> Michael Jones
> Ph +64 +63 69 099 Ext 8692
> Fax +64 +63 505 611

I would like to point out that the NZ agent for Symantec is *not*
Symantec itself, it is Personal Computer Systems in Auckland (at
least, that's what *I* was told). Don't go blaming Symantec for
what might just be a problem with the distributor. Also, I just
recently heard that Symantec no longer has a NZ distributor (at
least that what our Computer Centre told us), so their products
now have to be sourced from the States direct. Anyone who is
already registered with PCS will be OK (I hope! :-), but I don't
know what happens to new buyers...

--
See ya
                                Nigel.