[comp.sys.mac.programmer] Product registration

anderson@Apple.COM (Clark Anderson) (05/11/91)

After reading about a large number of customers who haven't
received the gift after sending in the reg. card, I forwarded
some of the messages on to our Marketing Group, who asked me
to post this reply for them. If you want to reply to them
via e-mail, DO NOT REPLY TO ME! I don't work in the Marketing
Group. Send your replies to MOORE7 on AppleLink, or to
MOORE7@applelink.apple.com from InterNet.

                                 --clark
Clark Anderson                    InterNet: anderson@apple.com
Apple Computer, Inc.               BellNet: 408-974-4593
                                 AppleLink: C.ANDERSON

"I speak only for myself, much to my employer's relief..."

A number of customers who indicated to Apple that they would like to receive a
gift by returning their CPU product registration card, have not yet
received their gift.

Over the past six months Apple has been experiencing a surge in the quantity of
CPU Product Registration cards that have been returned.  This has caused a
backlog in Apple's data processing and fulfillment process.  We apologize for
the delay or inconvenience that this has caused.

If however, you have not received your free gift within a two month period
please AppleLink MOORE7 or e-mail via InterNet to MOORE7@applelink.apple.com
 with the following information:

    Name
    Copany Name (if applicable)
    Address
    City,State, Zip
    Phone

    Product Model Type (i.e Macintosh Classic)
    Serial Number
    Date of Purchase
    Date you sent in your registration card

    Indicate the gift you requested

If you would prefer you can send a copy of your CPU product registration card
to:

    Apple Computer, Inc.
    20525 Mariani Ave. m/s 2B
    Cupertino, CA  95014
      Attn:  Marie Moore

Thank you,

Apple Direct Marketing Group.

Please allow 2-4 weeks for delivery.  One free gift per customer only.  Offer
good in United States and Canada only.

ddaniel@lindy.Stanford.EDU (D. Daniel Sternbergh) (05/11/91)

In article <52720@apple.Apple.COM> anderson@Apple.COM (Clark
Anderson), being kind enough to have sought the answer to a question a
number of us have asked, and rightly bearing no responsibility for the
answer, quotes Apple's marketing people as saying:
>A number of customers who indicated to Apple that they would like to receive a
>gift by returning their CPU product registration card, have not yet
>received their gift.
>
>Over the past six months Apple has been experiencing a surge in the quantity of
>CPU Product Registration cards that have been returned.  This has caused a
>backlog in Apple's data processing and fulfillment process.  We apologize for
>the delay or inconvenience that this has caused.
>
>If however, you have not received your free gift within a two month period
>please AppleLink MOORE7 or e-mail via InterNet to MOORE7@applelink.apple.com
> with the following information....

I don't know.  I'm responsible for many of the Macs in my department
here, and have registered every one I've brought in over the past two
years and have never, never, NEVER received not nothing not no how
from Apple.  I've even written on the registration cards that I ain't
never seen nothing and I don't think they even read 'em or give a hoot
about the people who fill them out and send 'em in, and they *still*
didn't do anything in response.  Has anyone actually received
something back?

  == Daniel ==                     Daniel Sternbergh
                                   ddaniel@lindy.stanford.edu
                                   Local Network Administrator
                                   Materials Science & Engineering

peirce@outpost.UUCP (Michael Peirce) (05/11/91)

In article <1991May11.011946.22106@morrow.stanford.edu>, ddaniel@lindy.Stanford.EDU (D. Daniel Sternbergh) writes:

>                         Has anyone actually received
> something back?

Sure.  I got a nice mouse pad with APPLE written across the face of
it.  It's actually one of the nicest mouse pads I've used.

-- michael

--  Michael Peirce         --   outpost!peirce@claris.com
--  Peirce Software        --   Suite 301, 719 Hibiscus Place
--  Macintosh Programming  --   San Jose, California 95117
--           & Consulting  --   (408) 244-6554, AppleLink: PEIRCE

dmmg1176@uxa.cso.uiuc.edu (David M Marcovitz) (05/12/91)

I got my free mouse pad from Apple within a month or two or
registering.

--
David M. Marcovitz                     |  internet: marcovitz@uiuc.edu
Computer-based Education Research Lab  |            dmmg1176@uxa.cso.uiuc.edu

chad@oscar.cs.byu.edu (Chad) (05/14/91)

|>I don't know.  I'm responsible for many of the Macs in my department
|>here, and have registered every one I've brought in over the past two
|>years and have never, never, NEVER received not nothing not no how
|>from Apple.  I've even written on the registration cards that I ain't
|>never seen nothing and I don't think they even read 'em or give a hoot
|>about the people who fill them out and send 'em in, and they *still*
|>didn't do anything in response.  Has anyone actually received
|>something back?
|>
|>  == Daniel ==                     Daniel Sternbergh

I sent in the card for my plus a year
ago and indicated I wanted the free
6 issues of Macworld.

Well I guess it started coming because my brother
when he was at home he saw some Macworlds
laying around.

It took them awhile though to start it up.

Chad Leigh
Brigham Young University / on leave from DEC
chad@yvax.byu.edu /  chad@norge.enet.dec.com

brad@aero.org (Bradley A. West) (05/15/91)

In article <1991May13.183543.26477@hamblin.math.byu.edu> chad@yvax.byu.edu writes:
>|>I don't know.  I'm responsible for many of the Macs in my department
>|>here, and have registered every one I've brought in over the past two
>|>years and have never, never, NEVER received not nothing not no how
>|>from Apple.  I've even written on the registration cards that I ain't
>|>never seen nothing and I don't think they even read 'em or give a hoot
>|>about the people who fill them out and send 'em in, and they *still*
>|>didn't do anything in response.  Has anyone actually received
>|>something back?
>|>
>|>  == Daniel ==                     Daniel Sternbergh
>
>I sent in the card for my plus a year
>ago and indicated I wanted the free
>6 issues of Macworld.
>
>Well I guess it started coming because my brother
>when he was at home he saw some Macworlds
>laying around.
>
>It took them awhile though to start it up.

>Chad Leigh
>Brigham Young University / on leave from DEC
>chad@yvax.byu.edu /  chad@norge.enet.dec.com

Hold on to your hats!  We got a couple of IIsi's a month ago.  I
mailed in the registration for mine and got the free mousepad
YESTERDAY!

I couldn't believe it.  It is a little small though, unless you've
only got a 9" screen.  Oh well...

Brad

rob@uokmax.ecn.uoknor.edu (Robert K Shull) (05/15/91)

In article <1991May11.011946.22106@morrow.stanford.edu> ddaniel@lindy.Stanford.EDU (D. Daniel Sternbergh) writes:
>didn't do anything in response.  Has anyone actually received
>something back?

Yes, my wife sent in her registration about 6 weeks ago (4 months
late :-) ), and received her T-shirt yesterday, no problems.

	Robert
--
Robert K. Shull
rob@uokmax.ecn.uoknor.edu				chinet!uokmax!rob