[comp.sys.mac.programmer] Hello, hello, is anybody in there???

vrm@blackwater.cerc.wvu.wvnet.edu (Vasile R. Montan) (05/16/91)

Would somebody please do me a small favor by sending me a piece of mail
so that I can see for certain that my messages are being posted?  I should
have three articles posted right now, but my mailbox remains empty;
has everyone left for summer vacation or something?

Thank you!

--Kurisuto
un020070@vaxa.wvnet.edu

jcav@quads.uchicago.edu (john cavallino) (05/16/91)

In article <1766@babcock.cerc.wvu.wvnet.edu> un020070@vaxa.wvnet.edu writes:
>Would somebody please do me a small favor by sending me a piece of mail
>so that I can see for certain that my messages are being posted?  I should
>have three articles posted right now, but my mailbox remains empty;
>has everyone left for summer vacation or something?
>
>Thank you!

I tried to answer one of your earlier questions, but my system bounced the
message, saying "unable to scan canonical host name" or something.  Maybe
other are having similar problems?

--
John Cavallino                      |     EMail: jcav@midway.uchicago.edu
University of Chicago Hospitals     |    USMail: 5841 S. Maryland Ave, Box 145

rmh@apple.com (Rick Holzgrafe) (05/16/91)

In article <1991May15.222306.7003@midway.uchicago.edu>
jcav@quads.uchicago.edu (john  cavallino) writes:
> I tried to answer one of your earlier questions, but my system bounced
the
> message, saying "unable to scan canonical host name" or something.  Maybe
> other are having similar problems?

Yep, me too. My returned mail says:

>>> RCPT To:<un020070@vaxa.wvnet.edu>
<<< 554 rewrite: cannot prescan canonical hostname:
554 <un020070@vaxa.wvnet.edu>... Service unavailable

Rick Holzgrafe              |    {sun,voder,nsc,mtxinu,dual}!apple!rmh
Software Engineer           | AppleLink HOLZGRAFE1          rmh@apple.com
Apple Computer, Inc.        |  "All opinions expressed are mine, and do
20525 Mariani Ave. MS: 3-PK |    not necessarily represent those of my
Cupertino, CA 95014         |        employer, Apple Computer Inc."

mxmora@unix.SRI.COM (Matt Mora) (05/16/91)

In article <1766@babcock.cerc.wvu.wvnet.edu> un020070@vaxa.wvnet.edu writes:
>Would somebody please do me a small favor by sending me a piece of mail
>so that I can see for certain that my messages are being posted?  I should
>have three articles posted right now, but my mailbox remains empty;
>has everyone left for summer vacation or something?

No, they are all in San Jose at the World wide developers conference.
Where I should be. (Actullay I went yesterday and it was awesome.)

Matthew Mora                |   my Mac  Matt_Mora@sri.com
SRI International           |  my unix  mxmora@unix.sri.com