[comp.sys.mac.programmer] 7.0 Released?

brad@ecst.csuchico.edu (Brad Lowe) (05/14/91)

Rush Limbaugh said this morning that System 7.0 has been released.
When will it be in the stores?
Where are all the balloons and party streamers?

Concerned,

Brad

macgyver@anaconda.cis.ohio-state.edu (MacGyver) (05/14/91)

	Yes, 7.0 is released. In fact, I just got a copy from the dealer
today. (May 13th).

--
Wilson MacGyver                      | True love strikes again, huh? That's
Internet:macgyver@cis.ohio-state.edu | the third time this week!

keith@Apple.COM (Keith Rollin) (05/14/91)

In article <1991May13.213921.29685@ecst.csuchico.edu> brad@ecst.csuchico.edu (Brad Lowe) writes:
>Rush Limbaugh said this morning that System 7.0 has been released.

S'truth!

>When will it be in the stores?

Should be there now. I understand that dealers got copies a little
while ago.

>Where are all the balloons and party streamers?

At the San Jose Convention Center! Apple's having a small intimate
party with some 2200 developers...Just wait till Friday for the
big fun!

Keith Rollin  ---  Apple Computer, Inc.
INTERNET: keith@apple.com
"But where the senses fail us, reason must step in."  - Galileo

Lawson.English@p88.f15.n300.z1.fidonet.org (Lawson English) (05/16/91)

Keith Rollin writes in a message to All

>When will it be in the stores?
KR>  Should be there now. I understand that dealers got copies a
KR> little while ago.
>Where are all the balloons and party streamers

Here in Tucson, neither of the Apple dealers will admit to having System 7.0
in stock. Rumor has it that they do, but are holding back for some reason. Also
rumored is that neither will *ever* allow copies to be made due to the massive
size of the files as well as the loss of revenue...

Lawson

--
Uucp: ...{gatech,ames,rutgers}!ncar!asuvax!stjhmc!300!15.88!Lawson.English
Internet: Lawson.English@p88.f15.n300.z1.fidonet.org

keith@Apple.COM (Keith Rollin) (05/18/91)

In article <11405.2833E83D@stjhmc.fidonet.org> Lawson.English@p88.f15.n300.z1.fidonet.org (Lawson English) writes:
>Keith Rollin writes in a message to All
>
>>When will it be in the stores?
>KR>  Should be there now. I understand that dealers got copies a
>KR> little while ago.
>>Where are all the balloons and party streamers
>
>Here in Tucson, neither of the Apple dealers will admit to having System 7.0
>in stock. Rumor has it that they do, but are holding back for some reason. Also
>rumored is that neither will *ever* allow copies to be made due to the massive
>size of the files as well as the loss of revenue...

Over on c.s.m.system, it seems to be about 50/50. Some dealers have
sets to sell and/or copy, and others don't.

Also, just to clear up the issue that arises every time we release a
new system, you _are_ allowed to copy System 7.0 from any distributor
that is licensed to do so. This includes dealers. Dealers are _allowed_
but _not required_ to let you copy 7.0. That decision is up to the
dealer.

amanda@visix.com (Amanda Walker) (05/19/91)

In article <52843@apple.Apple.COM> keith@Apple.COM (Keith Rollin) writes:

   At the San Jose Convention Center! Apple's having a small intimate
   party with some 2200 developers...Just wait till Friday for the
   big fun!

Friday night was definitely big fun.  Where does one go to rent a Buddha,
anyway...?
--
Amanda Walker						      amanda@visix.com
Visix Software Inc.					...!uunet!visix!amanda