[comp.sys.mac.programmer] Inside Mac VI is out

kevinh@cmi.com (Kevin Hegg) (05/04/91)

A co-worker of mine just bought a copy of Inside Mac Volume VI at a
bookstore in the Boston area. So it should be reaching your favorite
bookstore soon. I think it is about $40 but don't quote me. Please don't
flood me with e-mail. I don't have anymore information than this.

Kevin Hegg, EDS Corp - Center for Machine Intelligence
2001 Commonwealth Blvd., Ann Arbor, Michigan 48105
Phone: (313) 995-0900  Internet: kevinh@cmi.com   Applelink: D5990

omh@cs.brown.edu (Owen M. Hartnett) (05/06/91)

In article <10295@etsu.CMI.COM> kevinh@cmi.com (Kevin Hegg) writes:
>A co-worker of mine just bought a copy of Inside Mac Volume VI at a
>bookstore in the Boston area. So it should be reaching your favorite
>bookstore soon. I think it is about $40 but don't quote me. Please don't
>flood me with e-mail. I don't have anymore information than this.
>
>Kevin Hegg, EDS Corp - Center for Machine Intelligence
>2001 Commonwealth Blvd., Ann Arbor, Michigan 48105
>Phone: (313) 995-0900  Internet: kevinh@cmi.com   Applelink: D5990

I talked to a guy from Quantum books today (Sunday) at BCS's MegaMeeting.

I asked him about IM VI and he said that he ordered them directly
from the binders and he though that he was the only bookstore in the
country to currently stock them.

They do ship, so if you're really desparate, the phone number of
Quantum is (617) 494-5042.  They are in Kendall Square in Cambridge, MA.

They had ordered about 200 copies and sold probably a good 50 or so at
the MegaMeeting, which is surprising because MegaMeeting is not really
geared at programmer's

Disclaimer:  I have no interest financial, or otherwise, in Quantum books,
except that I have bought books from them and they have a pretty nice
selection.

-Owen
.

Owen Hartnett				omh@cs.brown.edu
"FAITH, n. Belief without evidence in what is told by one who speaks
		without knowledge, of things without parallel."
			-Ambrose Bierce - The Devil's Dictionary

Lawson.English@p88.f15.n300.z1.fidonet.org (Lawson English) (05/07/91)

Kevin Hegg writes in a message to All

KH> A co-worker of mine just bought a copy of Inside Mac Volume VI
KH> at a bookstore in the Boston area. So it should be reaching your
KH> favorite bookstore soon. I think it is about $40 but don't quote
KH> me. Please don't flood me with e-mail. I don't have anymore information

KH> than this.

My local bookstore maintains that it is due out in June. Personally, I suspect

that a book distributer messed up her dates (happens all the time with movie
books, they often come out a week before the movie is released).

Lawson

--
Uucp: ...{gatech,ames,rutgers}!ncar!asuvax!stjhmc!300!15.88!Lawson.English
Internet: Lawson.English@p88.f15.n300.z1.fidonet.org

spencer@eecs.umich.edu (Spencer W. Thomas) (05/16/91)

Just called Quantum Books.  They sold out yesterday.  Not sure when
they'll have more.  Blast!

My local store says they won't have them until mid-June.  Something
about Addison-Wesley changing computer systems at the warehouse and
being unable to ship anything!

--
=Spencer W. Thomas 		EECS Dept, U of Michigan, Ann Arbor, MI 48109
spencer@eecs.umich.edu		313-936-2616 (8-6 E[SD]T M-F)

mxmora@unix.SRI.COM (Matt Mora) (05/17/91)

In article <SPENCER.91May15133212@spline.eecs.umich.edu> spencer@eecs.umich.edu (Spencer W. Thomas) writes:
>Just called Quantum Books.  They sold out yesterday.  Not sure when
>they'll have more.  Blast!

Thats because they have them all at the WWDC. I picked up my  copy
at the conference. Becareful when you pick it up because this volume is
HEAVY!. Combine all the IM 1-5 to gether and thats about the size of Vol 6.

Maybe I should switch to MPW so that I can read IM 6 in between compiles :-)

Great job Apple on Vol 6.

Matt
Matthew Mora                |   my Mac  Matt_Mora@sri.com
SRI International           |  my unix  mxmora@unix.sri.com

rcbalc@rw5.urc.tue.nl (Luc Cluitmans) (05/17/91)

In article <24411@unix.SRI.COM> mxmora@unix.sri.com (Matt Mora) writes:
>In article <SPENCER.91May15133212@spline.eecs.umich.edu> spencer@eecs.umich.edu (Spencer W. Thomas) writes:
>>Just called Quantum Books.  They sold out yesterday.  Not sure when
>>they'll have more.  Blast!
>
>Thats because they have them all at the WWDC. I picked up my  copy
                              ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
            That's not True. There were some boxes of IM VI's
            at the MacWorld Europe Expo last week too.
            That's were I got My copy.
>Great job Apple on Vol 6.
 That's Right!

Greetings,
              Luc.

 Luc Cluitmans                                              rcbalc@urc.tue.nl
 Don't Worry, Be happy!
 (Signature under construction... Be patient.)

amanda@visix.com (Amanda Walker) (05/19/91)

In article <24411@unix.SRI.COM> mxmora@unix.SRI.COM (Matt Mora) writes:

   Be careful when you pick it up because this volume is HEAVY!. Combine
   all the IM 1-5 to gether and thats about the size of Vol 6.

If the original I-III was a phone book, VI is a DC phone book :).  It's
a little unwieldy to try and hold in your lap, but this one was actually
typeset, so it's easier on the eyes.

Looks like TrueType fonts instead of Adobe, too, unless my eyes are
deceiving me.  Which is possible, since I've just spent the last week at
the WWDC...

--
Amanda Walker						      amanda@visix.com
Visix Software Inc.					...!uunet!visix!amanda