[comp.sys.mac.programmer] TeX to Mac

shoup@netcom.COM (Richard Shoup) (05/19/91)

I've got a few .tex and .dvi (Stanford) documents I'd like to print on
my Mac.  Surely someone has made this fairly easy.  So far I've been
told about dvi2ps available at Stanford, but this appears to require
considerable mucking about to make it work.  Anybody got any other
ideas?  Thanks for your assistance.

frain@cis.ksu.edu (Jerry Frain) (05/19/91)

shoup@netcom.COM (Richard Shoup) writes:

>I've got a few .tex and .dvi (Stanford) documents I'd like to print on
>my Mac.  Surely someone has made this fairly easy.  So far I've been
>told about dvi2ps available at Stanford, but this appears to require
>considerable mucking about to make it work.  Anybody got any other
>ideas?  Thanks for your assistance.

OzTeX (available from midway.uchicago.edu) is version of TeX/LaTeX
for the Mac that can print the TeX files to a postscript printer.
Another application, DVIM72 can print dvi files to Imagewriter
and non-postscript Laserwriters.

I use OzTeX and DVIM72 often, they are very good applications; but
you'll need some free space on your hard disk to install OzTeX
(mostly because of all the fonts)

  --Jerry

--
Jerry Frain -- Systems Programmer               Kansas State University
                                        Department of Computing & Info Sciences

shoup@netcom.COM (Richard Shoup) (05/20/91)

Thanks to those who responded.  The consensus is clearly to try
OzTeX from midway.uchicago.edu, a public-domain implementation
of TeX for the Mac.