[comp.sys.mac.programmer] Did the TC 4.05 updater work?

b2676870@rick.cs.ubc.ca (wilson w ma) (05/21/91)

In article <1991May18.231223.23809@dartvax.dartmouth.edu> boz@eleazar.dartmouth.edu (John Boswell) writes:
>Hi
>        Could some kind soul send me part 3 (of 5) of the Think C 4.05
>updater?  My site here only has part of it...  Thanks!

Did anyone got the updater to work? I captured all five parts but I noticed
that the sizes were off (1,2,4,5 were 40K, 3 was 25K). Despite that, I cat
them together and brought them down to my Mac and got a CRC error from Binhqx.
I tried re-arranging them and got no-where so I eventually deleted everything.
Was a mistake made by moderator of c.b.m since isn't it usual for the last
segment to be shortest.

>-John Boswell
>Dept. of Chemistry, Dartmouth College, Hanover, NH
>John.Boswell@Dartmouth.edu

George Chow

tonym@polari.UUCP (Tony Mann) (05/21/91)

 The Think C 4.0.5 update worked fine for me.  No problem BinHexing the 5 parts.

Tony Mann
Spontaneous Software

pardue@gn.ecn.purdue.edu (Jon Pardue) (05/23/91)

In article <1991May20.181242.26931@soph.cs.ubc.ca> b2676870@rick.cs.ubc.ca (wilson w ma) writes:
>In article <1991May18.231223.23809@dartvax.dartmouth.edu> boz@eleazar.dartmouth.edu (John Boswell) writes:
>>Hi
>>        Could some kind soul send me part 3 (of 5) of the Think C 4.05
>>updater?  My site here only has part of it...  Thanks!
>
>Did anyone got the updater to work? I captured all five parts but I noticed
>that the sizes were off (1,2,4,5 were 40K, 3 was 25K). Despite that, I cat
>them together and brought them down to my Mac and got a CRC error from Binhqx.

I had the same problem.  Try calling the Symantec BBS at (408) 973-9598.
Once you provide the usual sign-on info (no $ needed, though!) you can poke
around through the menus and get the whole thing as one big file.  You will also
need to download Compactor if you don't already have it.  (There's on-line
help for what the name is.)

Hope this helps!

- Jon
Jon Pardue                            "The plural of 'spouse' is 'SPICE'."
pardue@gn.ecn.purdue.edu                                  - me
"Old musicians never die, they just go from bar to bar." - Anonymous