[comp.sys.mac.programmer] Ram Disk

shahriar@island.COM (Shahriar Vaghar) (05/24/91)

Does anyone know about a good Ram Disk program which is compatible
with system 7.0?

Thanks

pejacoby@mmm.serc.3m.com (Paul E. Jacoby) (05/24/91)

In article <4091@island.COM> shahriar@island.COM (Shahriar Vaghar) writes:
>Does anyone know about a good Ram Disk program which is compatible
>with system 7.0?

I just spotted a System 7.0-reliant application called RAMapp which
creates a RAM disk.  It seems to work (in my short testing), and is
interesting in that it is an _application_ and not an Extension.  You
just set the memory partition size and launch it--bingo, RAM disk of
that size.

NanoDisk II 2.1 from Technology Works also functions under System 7.0,
but will not run when virtual memory is turned on.  At least not on my
SE/30.

--
| Paul E. Jacoby, 3M Company, 3M Center, 235-3F-27                   |