[comp.sys.mac.programmer] System 7 not on Spring 1991 _develop_

dittman@skbat.csc.ti.com (Eric Dittman) (05/23/91)

I just got the Spring 1991 issue of _d e v e l o p_.  In case you're
wondering, System 7 is NOT on it.  I already have System 7, but I was
looking forward to having it available with all the other System
versions on CD for convenience.
--
Eric Dittman
Texas Instruments - Component Test Facility

Disclaimer:  I don't speak for Texas Instruments or the Component Test
             Facility.  I don't even speak for myself.

bruner@sp15.csrd.uiuc.edu (John Bruner) (05/24/91)

In article <1991May22.230412.473@skbat.csc.ti.com> dittman@skbat.csc.ti.com (Eric Dittman) writes:
> I just got the Spring 1991 issue of _d e v e l o p_.  In case you're
> wondering, System 7 is NOT on it.

Does it include *Inside Macintosh, Volume VI*?
--
John Bruner	Center for Supercomputing R&D, University of Illinois
	bruner@csrd.uiuc.edu		(217) 244-4476

tel@adimail.UUCP (Terry Monks) (05/25/91)

As an Apple Partner I have been running System 7 since about October, and have
been faithfully upgrading my MPW as new things came on Developer CDs. So I
installed the Golden master, carefully copied all the MPW stuff into the right
folders rather than moving folders.

The first time I tried to recompile a program I got memory error -108. I played
for a little while with upping the size of the MPW shell, realizing that was
not really the problem. Thought about using HeapTool. THought about restoring the
latest MPW shell before this one. Decided that couldn't hurt. And it works.

But is anyone else having problems like this with the MPW Shell from the Golden
Master? What did I do wrong?

--
Terry Monks        Automata Design Inc    (703) 472-9400