[comp.sys.mac.programmer] Think C & RMaker

meo@polari.UUCP (Errol Ozgencil) (05/27/91)

After a year and a half with MPW Pascal, I decided to check
out Think C. So I called up Symantec and was pleasantly surprised
by their willingness to upgrade my old copy of LightSpeed C.
It arrived in a matter of days, and I wanted to rip open the box
right away ... alas I had plans for that (Friday) night and had
to wait till morning.

I got up early that Saturday morning (!) and got down to business.
Symantec surprised me again, but this time the surprise was not
pleasant at all ... I'm referring to appendix D, the RMaker reference.
RMaker? In the "professional's choice" ???

I know that Think Pascal ships with stand-alone versions of Rez
and Derez, so why not bundle them with Think C? I know that many
of you use Think C professionally, are you folks using RMaker?
My first impression is that Think C is a great product, but I feel
let down by Symantec's refusal to ship SARez and SADerez with it.

Erroll
meo@polari.uucp

osborn@ux1.lbl.gov (James R Osborn) (05/28/91)

In article <4257@polari.UUCP> meo@polari.UUCP (Errol Ozgencil) writes:

> [...]
>
>I know that Think Pascal ships with stand-alone versions of Rez
>and Derez, so why not bundle them with Think C? I know that many
>of you use Think C professionally, are you folks using RMaker?
>My first impression is that Think C is a great product, but I feel
>let down by Symantec's refusal to ship SARez and SADerez with it.
>
>Erroll
>meo@polari.uucp

You can use the "poor man's Rez", ResTools 2.01.  It is freeware,
and is available via anonymous ftp from many places.

-- James

| James R. Osborn              | It just goes to show you it's always |
| Lawrence Berkeley Laboratory | something.  Either it's baffling     |
| osborn@ux1.lbl.gov           | tech notes or your mac is smoking.   |
| (415) 548-8464               | It's always something...             |