[comp.sys.mac.programmer] losing mouse events with think c and apple events

joel@neon.Stanford.EDU (Joel R Tornatore) (05/25/91)

I am developing an application that uses apple events. It runs
normally when run as an application, but when I run it under think
c's debugger, all mouse down events are somewhat lost. By somewhat
lost I mean that I get the mouse down, but all my tracking routines
just exit immediately because StillDown() is false. MenuSelect(pt)
returns immediately, too. Has anyone had such a problem?

thanks.

joel
joel@cs.stanford.edu

bjb@pyramid.com (Bruce Beare) (05/29/91)

In article <1991May24.184612.29592@neon.Stanford.EDU> joel@neon.Stanford.EDU
(Joel R Tornatore) writes:
> From: joel@neon.Stanford.EDU (Joel R Tornatore)
> Newsgroups: comp.sys.mac.programmer
> Subject: losing mouse events with think c and apple events
> Date: 24 May 91 18:46:12 GMT
>

> I am developing an application that uses apple events. It runs
> normally when run as an application, but when I run it under think
> c's debugger, all mouse down events are somewhat lost. By somewhat
> lost I mean that I get the mouse down, but all my tracking routines
> just exit immediately because StillDown() is false. MenuSelect(pt)
> returns immediately, too. Has anyone had such a problem?
>
> thanks.
>
> joel
> joel@cs.stanford.edu

I also had that problem. I worked around it by changing my StillDown() to
Button() when debugging.

Bruce
bjb@pyramid.com