[comp.sys.mac.programmer] LaserPrep PostScript macros

hess@rospc1.informatik.uni-hamburg.de (Hauke Hess) (05/27/91)

Hello,

I tried to save a PostScrip File with the LaserWriter printer driver and
print it with a PostScript Interpreter on an atari st. But it failed, because
there are macros defined with the postscript code in LaserPrep which are
naturally not known by GhostScript (my postscript interpreter). Had anyone
this problem too, or does anyone have the macros defined in LaserPrep?

They are stored nicely in the Resource Fork, but are split in at least 25
datasets, so it`s very boring to extract them by hand.

Hauke Hes

kieling@apple.com (mark kieling) (05/29/91)

In article <hess.675353752@rospc1> hess@rospc1.informatik.uni-hamburg.de (Hauke
Hess) writes:
>Hello,
>
>I tried to save a PostScrip File with the LaserWriter printer driver and
>print it with a PostScript Interpreter on an atari st. But it failed, because
>there are macros defined with the postscript code in LaserPrep which are
>naturally not known by GhostScript (my postscript interpreter). Had anyone
>this problem too, or does anyone have the macros defined in LaserPrep?
>
>They are stored nicely in the Resource Fork, but are split in at least 25
>datasets, so it`s very boring to extract them by hand.
>
>Hauke Hes

If you are using the system 7.0 driver, the LaserPrep macros will be included
in the generated PostScript file.  If you are using a pre-7.0 driver, use the
cmd-k key combination to generate the PostScript file.  This prepends the
LaserPrep macros, whereas the cmd-f key combination does not.

- mark