[comp.sys.mac.programmer] Apple Developer Programs

hpoppe@ncar.ucar.edu (Herb Poppe) (07/30/90)

Back before I went on vacation, Apple had stopped accepting applications
for the Partners and Associates programs. As I understood it at that time,
Apple was revamping these programs and couldn't say when they would start
accepting applications again.

I've looked through all of the comp.sys.mac.programmer articles that were
still on our news system when I got back, but found no items on this
topic. Has Apple started accepting applications for Partners and
Associates again? If not, is it known when that will be? How have these
programs been changed?

Herb Poppe             hpoppe@ncar.ucar.edu
NCAR                      (303) 497-1296
1850 Table Mesa Dr.
Boulder, CO  80307-3000

trotter@ENUXHA.EAS.ASU.EDU (Russell T. Trotter) (05/30/91)

I am just wanted to get some information on one of Apple's
Developer Programs.  I'm already in APDA, but I remember hearing
about a program where if you pay $700 (??)a yeaR that you could
recieve tech notes, the developer CD, etc.  Does such a program
exist?  Are any of you netters in one of these programs?  If so,
is it worth it? Thank you.

blob@Apple.COM (Brian Bechtel) (05/31/91)

trotter@ENUXHA.EAS.ASU.EDU (Russell T. Trotter) writes:

>I am just wanted to get some information on one of Apple's
>Developer Programs.  I'm already in APDA, but I remember hearing
>about a program where if you pay $700 (??)a yeaR that you could
>recieve tech notes, the developer CD, etc.  Does such a program
>exist?  Are any of you netters in one of these programs?  If so,
>is it worth it? Thank you.

The Apple Developer Group has three programs:

APDA -- worldwide
Anyone can join.  Fee is $20 per year.  For more information, send an
email to apda@applelink.apple.com or call:
	US:	           (800) 282-2732
	Canada:        (800) 637-0029
	International: (408) 562-3910
	Fax:           (408) 546-3971

Apple Associates -- US & Canada (other business areas have their own
                    programs)
The cost of this program is $350 per year.  This is the mainstream
program for commercial developers.  You get a hardware purchase program,
developer hotline, invitation to the World Wide Developer's Conference,
developer mailings, access to Developer University, the Macintosh
Directory of Development Services (listing companies that can help you
supplement your own development teams) and AppleLink, our electronic
mail system.

Apple Partners -- US & Canada (other business areas have their own
                  programs)
The cost of this program is $600 per year.  This program is for selected
strategic developers.  You get everything that Associates get plus
access via AppleLink to Developer Technical Support for helping with
code-level technical development assistance.

For more information about either the Apple Associates or Apple Partners
programs, send email to devhotline@applelink.apple.com or call (408)
974-4897.

--Brian Bechtel     blob@apple.com     "My opinion, not Apple's"