[net.music] Madonna's image

nessus@mit-eddie.UUCP (Doug Alan) (08/25/85)

> From: gds@mit-eddie.UUCP (Greg Skinner)

> I can see two problems which people have with Madonna:

> (1) She has insulted Christians by her disrespectful wearing of the
> cross and her attitude towards sex ("I'm not ashamed of anything I
> do!").

> (2) Because she is not ashamed, neither are a lot of teenage girls --
> she has "sold" the idea that promiscuity is OK to teenage girls.

Well, you certainly haven't seen what I've been saying.  I don't think
either of the two "problems" you mention are problems.  I don't care if
she is disrespectful towards Christianity, and I have nothing against
promiscuity.  Neither do I care whether or not she has posed nude or
been in sexually explicit movies.

As I have repeatedly said before, I object to her because she promotes
being a tease and using sex as a tool of manipulation rather than as a
natural form of joy and communication.

			NO one has to "prove" their love to me

			Doug Alan
			 nessus@mit-eddie.UUCP (or ARPA)