[comp.sys.mac.programmer] Usenet Macintosh Programmer's Guide

jmv@sppy00.UUCP (J. Vickroy +1 614 764 4343) (12/20/90)

In article <1661@sun13.scri.fsu.edu> pepke@gw.scri.fsu.edu (Eric Pepke) writes:
=> ... stuff deleted ...

=>USENET Macintosh Programmer's Guide.
  ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

Where can I get a copy?

---
Jim Vickroy                               | Voice:      +1 614 764 4343
Telecommunications Systems Engineering    | Internet:   jmv@rsch.oclc.org
Online Computer Library Center, Inc.      | uucp:       osu-cis!sppy00!jmv
6565 Frantz Road, Dublin Ohio, 43017-0702 | CompuServe: 73777,662

rxcjm@minyos.xx.rmit.oz.au (John Mazzocchi) (12/21/90)

Newsgroups: comp.sys.mac.programmer
Subject: Re: USENET Macintosh Programmer's Guide (was Re: Scrolling lists in dialogs)

jmv@sppy00.UUCP (J. Vickroy +1 614 764 4343) writes:

>In article <1661@sun13.scri.fsu.edu> pepke@gw.scri.fsu.edu (Eric Pepke) writes:
>=> ... stuff deleted ...

>=>USENET Macintosh Programmer's Guide.
>  ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

>Where can I get a copy?

You can ftp it from sumex-aim.stanford.edu. Log in as anonymous, etc.
Look in the info-mac directory. I'm not sure which sub-directory it's in.
Try misc, or doc, or util.....

--
+ John Mazzocchi              +   "The mind is not a vessel to be filled, +
+ Melbourne, Victoria         +    but a fire to be lighted" - Plutarch   +

emmayche@dhw68k.cts.com (Mark Hartman) (12/22/90)

For those of us without ftp access, could someone be convinced to mail this
priceless gem to me?

To save disk space on our host, please just mail willingness and wait for ack
before mailing, please.... thanks

--
Mark Hartman, N6BMO           "What are you just standing there for?  Where
Applelink: N1083 or BINARY.TREE      do you think you are, DIS-ney World??"

trotter@ENUXHA.EAS.ASU.EDU (Russell T. Trotter) (02/09/91)

The UMPG is downloadable from :
sumex-aim.stanford.edu   , anonymous ftp.
It is in 2 parts so they must be cat-ed into on file.
BinHex 4.0 and Stuffit is required to extract the whole
document.  It was done in MS Word and takes up almost
a full 2 inch binder when printed (single sided however)

cs220x2a@ducvax.auburn.edu (CS220X) (02/10/91)

In article <9102090427.AA05351@enuxha.eas.asu.edu>, trotter@ENUXHA.EAS.ASU.EDU (Russell T. Trotter) writes...
>The UMPG is downloadable from :
>sumex-aim.stanford.edu   , anonymous ftp.
>It is in 2 parts so they must be cat-ed into on file.
>BinHex 4.0 and Stuffit is required to extract the whole
>document.  It was done in MS Word and takes up almost
>a full 2 inch binder when printed (single sided however)

What kind of topics does it cover(i.e. what's it about?).

Wade Williams
cs220x2a@ducvax.auburn.edu

schorsch@oxy.edu (Brent William Schorsch) (02/17/91)

I seem to remember there was a way to get the USENET Programmer's guide
in printed form (and bound...) for about $20... does anyone know any more?
-Brent
(schorsch@oxy.edu)

mxmora@unix.SRI.COM (Matt Mora) (02/20/91)

In article <145517@tiger.oxy.edu> schorsch@oxy.edu (Brent William Schorsch) writes:
>I seem to remember there was a way to get the USENET Programmer's guide
>in printed form (and bound...) for about $20... does anyone know any more?

The Cost is $17.00 and send a check or money order to:

USENET Macintosh Programmers Guide
Printed Version
39075 Carmel Ct.
Fremont, CA. 94538

(please make checks payable to Matthew Mora)

p.s. Those of you who have sent orders recently, I ran out of books
and I am having more printed. They should be sent out next week.(2/25/91)
Thank you for your patience.

Matt

kenc@vaxb.acs.unt.edu (05/31/91)

Hi *,

  Just wanted to post a plug for the Usenet Macintosh Programmer's Guide.  I
d/led it off sumex-aim.stanford.edu last night, and It's AMAZING!

  Has answers to about 1/2 the questios I've ever had!  (If only I'd thought to
look for it before this!)

--
\  Ken Corey, VAX/Unix Programmer/Operator  (And GOD am I confused...;)  /
 \          kenc@vaxb.acs.unt.edu  ken@isect.lonestar.org               /

osborn@ux1.lbl.gov (James R Osborn) (05/31/91)

In article <1991May31.005122.47172@vaxb.acs.unt.edu> kenc@vaxb.acs.unt.edu writes:
>Hi *,
>
>  Just wanted to post a plug for the Usenet Macintosh Programmer's Guide.  I
>d/led it off sumex-aim.stanford.edu last night, and It's AMAZING!
>
>  Has answers to about 1/2 the questios I've ever had!  (If only I'd thought to
>look for it before this!)
>
>--
>\  Ken Corey, VAX/Unix Programmer/Operator  (And GOD am I confused...;)  /
> \          kenc@vaxb.acs.unt.edu  ken@isect.lonestar.org               /

Me too.  GREAT RESOURCE.  It may drive everyone crazy at your place of
work (or wherever you print) since it is 281 pages.  But it does indeed
answer many FAQ's.  Any novice programmer who starts using this newsgroup
should be REQUIRED to get a copy of UMPG before asking anything.

Cheers to Matt Mora for compiling UPMG!  And Double Cheers to all of the
netters who contributed information to it!

-- James

| James R. Osborn              | It just goes to show you it's always |
| Lawrence Berkeley Laboratory | something.  Either it's baffling     |
| osborn@ux1.lbl.gov           | tech notes or your mac is smoking.   |
| (415) 548-8464               | It's always something...             |