[comp.sys.mac.programmer] SC -024 SoundApp Help!!!!

pmbergla@watcgl.waterloo.edu (Per Bergland) (05/30/91)

Hi!
I'm trying to use Apple SC 024 (SoundApp), or more specifically SoundUnit.p
under MPW 3.2, but have encountered a not so minor problem in having the
beast compile.

First I had to change a typo (forgot where), all noteCmd's to
freqDurationCmd's, all noteSynth's to squareWaveSynth, but there is one thing
I cannot solve:
In one of the functions, there are several instances of the type
someSndCmd + DataPointerFlag

Now what on earth is DataPointerFlag supposed to be changed to?
I couldn't find it in IM V, and a Search on the word with MPW 411 in
InsideMacintoshHelp yielded nothing, so I'm rather clueless...

Somebody please help, or direct me to where to find a newer version of
SC-024 since apple.com doesn't have it anymore, and it's not available
at ftp.apple.com either...
(The version I have is 1.03)

Thanx 1.0e+6 (a million)
-Per

REEKES@applelink.apple.com (Jim Reekes) (06/01/91)

In article <1991May30.000111.8436@watcgl.waterloo.edu>, pmbergla@watcgl.waterloo.edu (Per Bergland) writes:

> I'm trying to use Apple SC 024 (SoundApp), or more specifically SoundUnit.p
> under MPW 3.2, but have encountered a not so minor problem in having the
> beast compile.
>
> First I had to change a typo (forgot where), all noteCmd's to
> freqDurationCmd's, all noteSynth's to squareWaveSynth, but there is one thing
> I cannot solve:
> In one of the functions, there are several instances of the type
> someSndCmd + DataPointerFlag

The current verison of SoundApp is 1.1b3.  It was updated to reflect the interface
changes of MPW 3.2 and System 7.0.  I also fixed a few bugs, and added a couple new
features such as recording your own sounds and copy/paste.

Change "DataPointerFlag" to "dataOffsetFlag".

Jim Reekes, E.O.             |     Macintosh Toolbox Engineering
                             |          Sound Manger Expert
Apple Computer, Inc.         | "All opinions expressed are mine, and do
20525 Mariani Ave. MS: 81-EQ |   not necessarily represent those of my
Cupertino, CA 95014          |       employer, Apple Computer Inc."