[comp.sys.mac.programmer] MacsBug in color

osborn@ux1.lbl.gov (James R Osborn) (06/03/91)

In article <1991May22.162303.15908@webo.dg.com> chandy@jac.rtp.dg.com (John Chandy) writes:
>I have a Macintosh IIcx running system 7 (yeah!) and I have a problem
>that maybe one of the net gods out there can help me with.  I just
>received a copy of Macsbug (5.4) to use.  It works fine if I set the
>screen depth to Black and white.  If I go to color and then press the
>programmer's switch the machine hangs.  If it helps, the only inits I
>have are DeskPict, Moire, Disinfectant & MaxAppleZoom.  I'm also using
>the newer Macintosh II Video card not the older "Toby" card.
>
>Thanks in advance for any help.
>
>John Chandy.
>chandy@jac.webo.dg.com

SORRY FOR THIS POST - MY MAIL TO YOU BOUNCED

John,

You should download the current version of MacsBug (6.2.1) via
anonymous ftp from "ftp.apple.com".  I believe the files are
in "/dts/mac/tools/macsbug".  You might like to grab ResEdit 2.1
while your there.  I think that is in "/dts/mac/tools/resedit".
Happy Hacking...

-- James

| James R. Osborn              | It just goes to show you it's always |
| Lawrence Berkeley Laboratory | something.  Either it's baffling     |
| osborn@ux1.lbl.gov           | tech notes or your mac is smoking.   |
| (415) 548-8464               | It's always something...             |