[comp.sys.mac.programmer] COMM TOOLBOX?

I'm looking for usable sample code or documentation of how to write tools
for the Communication Toolbox found in System 7.0. Anyone know where I can
find such

(and PLEASE don't say APDA-- I'm not a corporation, and DO mind getting
robbed.)

leonardr@sv.portal.com (Leonard Rosenthol) (06/01/91)

In article <1991May28.190152.27132@eng.umd.edu>, russotto@eng.umd.edu (Matthew T. Russotto) writes:
> From: russotto@eng.umd.edu (Matthew T. Russotto)
> Newsgroups: comp.sys.mac.programmer
> Subject: COMM TOOLBOX?
> Date: 28 May 91 19:01:52 GMT
>
> I'm looking for usable sample code or documentation of how to write tools
> for the Communication Toolbox found in System 7.0. Anyone know where I can
> find such
>
> (and PLEASE don't say APDA-- I'm not a corporation, and DO mind getting
> robbed.)

	Unfortunately, Matt, there are only two places which make TOOL example source available.  APDA has the 'Communication Toolbox Developers Kit' (or whatever) which has sample code for some REALLY SIMPLE tools, or Apple will license/sell you the source to the Apple Serial, XMODEM and TTY tools for a price (I don't know how much, sorry).

+ Leonard Rosenthol                | AppleLink: MACgician            +
+ Software Ventures                | GEnie:     MACgician            +
+ Internet: leonardr@sv.portal.com | AOL:       MACgician            +

Edward.Rice@p4214.f421.n109.z1.FidoNet.Org (Edward Rice) (06/02/91)

Re:
    I'm looking for usable sample code or documentation of how to write tools
    for the Communication Toolbox found in System 7.0. Anyone know where I can
    find such

You have already picked up SURFER, I hope?  (Available to you locally, at Craig's Place.)
 * Origin: "It's still in beta testing," Tom said pointedly. (1:109/421.4214)

In article <1991May31.203646.4295@svc.portal.com> leonardr@sv.portal.com (Leonard Rosenthol) writes:

>> (and PLEASE don't say APDA-- I'm not a corporation, and DO mind getting
>> robbed.)
>>
>	Unfortunately, Matt, there are only two places which make TOOL example source available.  APDA has the 'Communication Toolbox Developers Kit' (or whatever) which has sample code for some REALLY SIMPLE tools, or Apple will license/sell you the source to t
>he Apple Serial, XMODEM and TTY tools for a price (I don't know how much, sorry).

Doesn't matter-- if it is in line with most apple prices (made for Microsoft
corporation...), I certainly can't afford it.  Are the tools in the Comm
Toolbox Developers Kit the simple do nothing tools on the Developer CDs?

In article <675835317.2@blkcat.FidoNet> Edward.Rice@p4214.f421.n109.z1.FidoNet.Org (Edward Rice) writes:
>Re:
>    I'm looking for usable sample code or documentation of how to write tools
>    for the Communication Toolbox found in System 7.0. Anyone know where I can
>    find such
>
>You have already picked up SURFER, I hope?  (Available to you locally, at Craig's Place.)
> * Origin: "It's still in beta testing," Tom said pointedly. (1:109/421.4214)

Surfer is the wrong side-- surfer uses the tools, rather than being them.
(I do have it, though).

BTW, the reference in your origin line is lost-- the gateway software eats the
tag line.