[comp.sys.mac.programmer] Monitors CDEV

Edward.Rice@p4214.f421.n109.z1.FidoNet.Org (Edward Rice) (06/04/91)

Re:  (Keith Rollin)
     I first saw notice of this goodie a couple of weeks ago in either
     this newsgroup or in c.s.m.system. It was mentioned as a 7.0 goodie,
     but the other night, when I was playing on a friend's Mac running
     6.0.7, I discovered that the Monitors control panel in that system
     does this, too!

6.0.5 also.

Re:  (Bill Johnston)
     Click on the "7.0" in the upper right hand corner of the Monitors cdev
     window, THEN start whacking the option key.  Very silly.

     Bill (johnston@minnie.me.udel.edu)

Hey -- I just held down Option and clicked the Options button in the Monitors CDEV on /6.0.5/ -- and was given the freedom to choose a special Gamma control table.  Is that something I should be taking advantage of?  Where can I get a "correct" table that'll install under 6.0.5?  Is it a resource I plug into the system, a file, or what?

 * Origin: "It's still in beta testing," Tom said pointedly. (1:109/421.4214)