[comp.sys.mac.programmer] System 7 and NCSA telnet question?

wwm@arco.com (Wesley Monroe) (05/30/91)

I recently installed System 7, and I seem to be having a problem
with NCSA telnet.  I have version 2.4B7, and when I try to fire
it up, the NCSA logo comes up, then a modal dialog saying "Unable
to locate resolver" appears, I click OK, and the app quits.

Any Help?

Thanx,

Wes

W. Wesley Monroe
wes@arco.com

haney@moonshine.llnl.gov (Scott W. Haney) (05/31/91)

    Scott Haney / Lawrence Livermore National Lab

ml27192@uxa.cso.uiuc.edu (Mark Lanett) (05/31/91)

wwm@arco.com (Wesley Monroe) writes:

>I recently installed System 7, and I seem to be having a problem
>with NCSA telnet.  I have version 2.4B7, and when I try to fire
>it up, the NCSA logo comes up, then a modal dialog saying "Unable
>to locate resolver" appears, I click OK, and the app quits.

>Any Help?

The Domain Name Resolver code in all MacTCP programs is hard-coded to look in
the System Folder. Apparently you've put the MacTCP driver in their "proper"
location, the Control Panels folder. Just move it back where it was and all will
be well. If you want, you could make an alias into the Control Panels folder,
although it can be run from the System Folder.

--
//-----------------------------------------------------------------------------
Mark Lanett						ml27192@uxa.cs.uiuc.edu

peterc@sugar.hackercorp.com (Peter Creath) (06/05/91)

Sorry, this isn't really about the "telnet question", my news system
is lightly toasted.  Anyway, it's about animation:

To produce flicker-free animation, I've been told to either use an
offscreen grafPort and transfer it with CopyBits or define a vertical
blanking procedure.  Unfortunately, nobody mentioned exactly how to
do any of the above.

I'd appreciate any type of suggestion, be it an example of the above
or suggestion for a different strategy.  If it's an example, I'll need
a simple example (ie: a square flying across the screen) so I won't
have to flood my mailer (and wait weeks for responses) to figure out
how to do it.

Finally, PLEASE send all responses in E-mail.  As I said, my news
system is lightly toasted and doesn't like threading, etc.  Especially
since it wouldn't be threading the proper topic anyway...

peterc@sugar.neosoft.com           "Listen, there's a hell of a good
peterc@sugar.hackercorp.com         universe next door.  Let's go!"
(take your pick)                                      -e e cummings