[comp.sys.mac.programmer] Can't set app mem size in Get Info?

brod@jessica.Stanford.EDU (Brodie Lockard) (06/04/91)

A friend has a copy of HyperCard 2.1.  Under System 7.0, she cannot set
the application memory size in its Get Info box in the Finder.  The box
surrounding this number is gray, and the number ignores clicks.  I can't
replicate this even by locking the #-1 SIZE resource for an app.  Is her
copy of HC bad?  What else could cause this?
Brodie Lockard      brod@jessica.stanford.edu

brod@jessica.stanford.edu (Brodie Lockard) (06/05/91)

>A friend has a copy of HyperCard 2.1.  Under System 7.0, she cannot set
>the application memory size in its Get Info box in the Finder.  The box
>surrounding this number is gray, and the number ignores clicks.  I can't
>replicate this even by locking the #-1 SIZE resource for an app.  Is her
>copy of HC bad?  What else could cause this?

Just to clarify:  the app was not running nor locked, and I don't believe
the app the disk is on was locked (I'm checking with her on this).

bcarter@claven.idbsu.edu (Bruce Carter) (06/05/91)

In article <1991Jun3.210117.12046@leland.Stanford.EDU>
brod@jessica.Stanford.EDU (Brodie Lockard) writes:
>A friend has a copy of HyperCard 2.1.  Under System 7.0, she cannot set
>the application memory size in its Get Info box in the Finder.  The box
>surrounding this number is gray, and the number ignores clicks.  I can't
>replicate this even by locking the #-1 SIZE resource for an app.  Is her
>copy of HC bad?  What else could cause this?
>Brodie Lockard      brod@jessica.stanford.edu

Greetings Brodie, long time no talk!

She's probably got it locked.  If you click the LOCKED checkbox you get a grey
outline around the Current Size setting and you can't change it.  Now, whether
it is as simple as unchecking the Locked checkbox, or whether something else is
causing it, I don't know...

Bruce Carter                                 Internet: bcarter@claven.idbsu.edu
Courseware Development Coordinator                     duscarte@idbsu.idbsu.edu
Boise State University                    Bitnet/CREN: duscarte@idbsu