[comp.sys.mac.programmer] MPW3.2 and MacApp 2.0.2 release dates

is_s440@kingston.ac.uk (Lucas S) (06/04/91)

I faxed APDA last night to complain about not having received MacApp2.0.2
(or 2.0.1 for that matter) and was told:

a. MacApp 2.0.2 wont be ready until August (projected release date)

b. MPW3.2 will be shipped later in June. Orders are being taken from the
   end of this week.

MacApp 2.0.1 was considered too buggy for general release and hence was only
available on ETO. It wasn't explained why the APDAlog promised a 2.0.1 update
for all buyers of 2.0 and no helpful suggestions were forth-coming as to how
I could continue working with MacApp2.0 under system7. Great.

simon lucas

is_s440@ux.kingston.ac.uk

keith@Apple.COM (Keith Rollin) (06/06/91)

In article <1991Jun4.081907.4728@kingston.ac.uk> is_s440@kingston.ac.uk (Lucas S) writes:

>MacApp 2.0.1 was considered too buggy for general release and hence was only
>available on ETO. It wasn't explained why the APDAlog promised a 2.0.1 update
>for all buyers of 2.0 and no helpful suggestions were forth-coming as to how
>I could continue working with MacApp2.0 under system7. Great.

MacApp 2.0.1 was not considered too buggy to release. Yes, there
were 4 bugs in it that caused the creation of 2.0.2, but those
bugs aren't what held up 2.0.1. Instead, Apple wanted to wait
until MPW 3.2 was released first. This way, we'd know for sure
that the latest MacApp worked with the latest MPW.

FYI- the four bugs in 2.0.1 were:

- 3 related bugs in the Inspector where inspecting the fields of
  a control handle, textedit handle or <some other handle that
  I can't remember right now> stood about a 1% chance of crashing.
  Obviously, the won't occur in the production version of your
  program, and is easily avoided in any case.

- 1 bug that occured only if you ran out of memory at exactly the
  right moment during the creation of one particular object.

Keith Rollin  ---  Apple Computer, Inc.
INTERNET: keith@apple.com
"But where the senses fail us, reason must step in."  - Galileo