[comp.sys.mac.programmer] MPW script sites?

fadushin@rodan.acs.syr.edu (Fred Dushin) (06/06/91)

Is there a site where one can find MPW scripts?

I am interested in a better version of directory, one
which, for example, will pop you into the root directory
with no arguments, and which will pop up a level
with a .. argument (like unix, or--gasp--dos).

Thanks,

Fred Dushin
Syracuse University

ml27192@uxa.cso.uiuc.edu (Mark Lanett) (06/06/91)

fadushin@rodan.acs.syr.edu (Fred Dushin) writes:

>Is there a site where one can find MPW scripts?

>I am interested in a better version of directory, one
>which, for example, will pop you into the root directory
>with no arguments, and which will pop up a level
>with a .. argument (like unix, or--gasp--dos).

You can always go up a level with :: (some people even alias .. to ::)
Doing something like Alias cdr 'cd "{Boot}"' will get you the other thing.

--
//-----------------------------------------------------------------------------
Mark Lanett						mlanett@uiuc.edu

marshall@sdd.hp.com (Marshall Clow) (06/07/91)

In article <1991Jun6.033413.16820@rodan.acs.syr.edu> fadushin@rodan.acs.syr.edu (Fred Dushin) writes:
>Is there a site where one can find MPW scripts?
>
>I am interested in a better version of directory, one
>which, for example, will pop you into the root directory
>with no arguments, and which will pop up a level
>with a .. argument (like unix, or--gasp--dos).

Try "Directory ::" for the second one.

-- Marshall Clow
marshall@sdd.hp.com

ksand@apple.com (Kent Sandvik) (06/07/91)

In article <1991Jun6.033413.16820@rodan.acs.syr.edu>, fadushin@rodan.acs.syr.edu (Fred Dushin) writes:

> Is there a site where one can find MPW scripts?
>
> I am interested in a better version of directory, one
> which, for example, will pop you into the root directory
> with no arguments, and which will pop up a level
> with a .. argument (like unix, or--gasp--dos).

Alias cd Directory

cd ::     # emulate cd ..
cd Daffy: # move to the, eh, Daffy root directory (volume)

Kent