[comp.sys.mac.programmer] Finder Apple Events

chuck@brain.UUCP (Chuck Shotton) (06/04/91)

Where can I find the "complete" list of Apple Events supported by the System
7 Finder? I've got all the CD's, so if it's on one of them, please tell me
and I'll go quietly sit in the corner and hunt for it.

Does the Sys 7 Finder support an Apple Event for copying files?

Chuck Shotton                 Internet:   cshotton@girch1.med.uth.tmc.edu
"Your silly quote here."      UUCP:       ...!buster!brain!chuck

ksand@apple.com (Kent Sandvik) (06/07/91)

In article <0D010010.yo9b4f@brain.UUCP>, chuck@brain.UUCP (Chuck Shotton) writes:

> Where can I find the "complete" list of Apple Events supported by the System
> 7 Finder? I've got all the CD's, so if it's on one of them, please tell me
> and I'll go quietly sit in the corner and hunt for it.

[...talking with various DTS beings...]

We will publish an "AppleEvent Registry" document soon (ftp.apple.com, CompuServe and
such). Drafts of this document are available on some of the System 7 Beta and
the System 7 CDs.

> Does the Sys 7 Finder support an Apple Event for copying files?

There's an event called aeDrag which drags a selection to a destination folder,
adding an offset to the location for all the items. This event usually
results in a Copy event.

Kent Sandvik