[comp.sys.mac.programmer] Icl8 resource format

tagreen@lothario.ucs.indiana.edu (Todd Green) (06/08/91)

My News system has been a little flaky today, hope this gets through.

around. (Big shocker eh?). Thanks to those that replied and sent code.

Question: Where is the resource format for an icl8 documented so that
I can write my own routine drawing the icon into an offscreen grafPort
and then copybits'ing the image over?  A C struct would be most
preferable but I can handle a Pascal record.  A simple technote #
would do, (though I couldn't find it in my listing or any of the
IM's).

Thanks for the help (yet again),

Todd
--
Internet: tagreen@bronze.ucs.indiana.edu
NeXTMail: tagreen@lothario.ucs.indiana.edu

gourdol@imag.imag.fr (Gourdol Arnaud) (06/08/91)

In article <1991Jun7.210224.19962@bronze.ucs.indiana.edu> tagreen@lothario.ucs.indiana.edu (Todd Green) writes:
>Question: Where is the resource format for an icl8 documented so that
>I can write my own routine drawing the icon into an offscreen grafPort
>and then copybits'ing the image over?  A C struct would be most
>preferable but I can handle a Pascal record.  A simple technote #
>would do, (though I couldn't find it in my listing or any of the
>IM's).

As far as I know, the format is not documented in
Inside Mac (maybe a tech note?). Anyway the format is
pretty simple, it's just a 32x32 chunky pixmap using
the standard 256 color clut. The same goes for icl4, ics8
and such.

I have some code available that does display the correct
icon of the icon family (icl8, icl4, ICN#) according to
the screen depth available. Will post it as soon as
I'm close enough to anything faster than 1200bps
(same goes for the progress bar code).

Arno.

--
   / Arno Gourdol.               // On the Netland:  Gourdol@imag.fr  /