[comp.sys.mac.programmer] Mac Configuration Management

davej@sumax.seattleu.edu (Dave Jenner) (06/07/91)

Are there any (PD, Shareware, commercial) configuration management
packages for the Macintosh OS.  Especially to use with THINK Pascal?
Thanks for any pointers or suggestions.

Dave

--
Dave Jenner                (206) 527-2018
3153 N.E. 84th Street      davej@sumax.seattleu.edu

peirce@outpost.UUCP (Michael Peirce) (06/08/91)

In article <2898@sumax.seattleu.edu>, davej@sumax.seattleu.edu (Dave Jenner) writes:
> Are there any (PD, Shareware, commercial) configuration management
> packages for the Macintosh OS.  Especially to use with THINK Pascal?
> Thanks for any pointers or suggestions.

If by this you mean source code control I know of two options for
THINK Pascal users:

(1) VersionMaster from AStar.  This is a general purpose version control
system for any type of files on the Mac (source code, CAD, documentation,
etc).  Their number is (508) 486-9757.

(2) MPW's Projector from Apple.  This works from within MPW, so you
must also have MPW.  It's specifically for source code control and
THINK Pascal knows enough to notify you when you attempt to modify
some code that has been checked out as read-only.  This is know as
Projector-aware.  This is nice, but buying MPW just to get projector
seems like over kill.

--  Michael Peirce         --   outpost!peirce@claris.com
--  Peirce Software        --   Suite 301, 719 Hibiscus Place
--  Macintosh Programming  --   San Jose, California 95117
--           & Consulting  --   (408) 244-6554, AppleLink: PEIRCE