[comp.sys.mac.programmer] Writing external CODE resources for Excel 3.0

erikl@milton.u.washington.edu (Erik Larsen) (06/09/91)

Does anyone know how to write these external CODE resources
that can be called from Excel?  Can you use them to display
dialogs, for instance?  Or are they just black box sorts of
things that return values that don't give you any control
over Excel from C, say?

I called Microsoft and found that there is something called
"Excel Technical Reference Manual" for $19.95, but I don't
want to order something I haven't seen.

I'm basically wondering if all you need to know is contained
in the appendix of the Function Reference for Excel 3.0 or
if there are other functions that can be called from the external
routine and if there are any Lightspeed C header files anywhere
and example code.

Thanks.

Erik Larsen
erikl@u.washington.edu

keith@Apple.COM (Keith Rollin) (06/10/91)

In article <1991Jun9.032910.3880@milton.u.washington.edu> erikl@milton.u.washington.edu (Erik Larsen) writes:

>I called Microsoft and found that there is something called
>"Excel Technical Reference Manual" for $19.95, but I don't
>want to order something I haven't seen.

I guess you're never having children, then!   :-)

Keith Rollin  ---  Apple Computer, Inc.
INTERNET: keith@apple.com
"But where the senses fail us, reason must step in."  - Galileo