[comp.sys.mac.programmer] Correction

Frankyg@f270.n143.z1.FIDONET.ORG (Frankyg) (05/05/91)

The earlier message refers to The Macintosh Programming Primer by Dave Mark &
Cartright Reed Volumes 1 or 2.
Thanks FrankyG

--
Frankyg
UUCP: amdahl.com!kennel!270!Frankyg

bitting-douglas@cs.yale.edu (Douglas Bitting) (06/10/91)

OK, another stab in the dark... :-)

After restarting my 4 MB SE this morning, I noticed that perhaps I was wrong
about all the launches being asynchronous (was I?).  What I did noticed is that
all the items in the Startup Items Folder *don't* (at least they don't appear
to) start in alphabetical order.  I was going to say that it appears they start
in a Shortest Job First fastion, but after checking the sizes of the apps
started, this isnt quite true.

Anyway, the check I mentioned in my last post still seems to be needed...

Oh, incase you all are wondering about the order in which my Startup Items
start, here it is (all three of them  :-) judging by the names which appear in
the MenuBar:
	1) ~FinderToFront (28K file)
	2) Applicon (2K alias to 48K file)
	3) Z-Term (2K alias to whatever size file Z-Term is)

Seems rather odd to me...
--Doug
--
Doug Bitting             | "And we know that in all things God works
PO Box 3043 Yale Station |  for the good of those who love him..."

Edward.Rice@p4214.f421.n109.z1.FidoNet.Org (Edward Rice) (06/13/91)

Re:
     Oh, incase you all are wondering about the order in which my
     Startup Items start, here it is (all three of them  :-) judging
     by the names which appear in the MenuBar:
        1) ~FinderToFront (28K file)
        2) Applicon (2K alias to 48K file)
        3) Z-Term (2K alias to whatever size file Z-Term is)

Looks like it /might/ just be alpha-order, first through files, then through aliases.  That makes fairly good sense (even if it's wrong -- I'm not standing behind this WAG), with the directories organized something like that.

 * Origin: "It's still in beta testing," Tom said pointedly. (1:109/421.4214)