[comp.sys.mac.programmer] Inside Mac on file.

ury@cosmos.huji.ac.il (ury segal) (06/16/91)

Is it possible 2 Buy Inside mac and get it by e-mail or something like that?
I want it to be on the Sun's disk.

--ury

ksand@apple.com (Kent Sandvik) (06/17/91)

In article <1991Jun16.075832.28889@bronze.ucs.indiana.edu>, ury@cosmos.huji.ac.il (ury segal) writes:

> Is it possible 2 Buy Inside mac and get it by e-mail or something like that?
> I want it to be on the Sun's disk.

Inside Macintosh I-V and VI are both available in HyperCard format, usually
found on the Developer Services CDs (Lord of the Files is the last one).
I have not heard of any plans to publish IM in pure file format, but I guess
someone could copy and paste the HyperCard format, maybe with a script, and
produce something like that.

Kent

keith@Apple.COM (Keith Rollin) (06/18/91)

In article <14102@goofy.Apple.COM> ksand@apple.com (Kent Sandvik) writes:
>In article <1991Jun16.075832.28889@bronze.ucs.indiana.edu>, ury@cosmos.huji.ac.il (ury segal) writes:
>>
>> Is it possible 2 Buy Inside mac and get it by e-mail or something like that?
>> I want it to be on the Sun's disk.
>
>Inside Macintosh I-V and VI are both available in HyperCard format, usually
>found on the Developer Services CDs (Lord of the Files is the last one).
>I have not heard of any plans to publish IM in pure file format, but I guess
>someone could copy and paste the HyperCard format, maybe with a script, and
>produce something like that.

Kent, what do you mean by "pure file format"? Do you mean straight
ASCII? If so, there's  MPW's 411, which contains most of IM in plain
text form.

Keith Rollin  ---  Apple Computer, Inc.
INTERNET: keith@apple.com
"But where the senses fail us, reason must step in."  - Galileo

ksand@apple.com (Kent Sandvik) (06/19/91)

In article <54081@apple.Apple.COM>, keith@Apple.COM (Keith Rollin) writes:
> In article <14102@goofy.Apple.COM> ksand@apple.com (Kent Sandvik) writes:
> >Inside Macintosh I-V and VI are both available in HyperCard format, usually
> >found on the Developer Services CDs (Lord of the Files is the last one).
> >I have not heard of any plans to publish IM in pure file format, but I guess
> >someone could copy and paste the HyperCard format, maybe with a script, and
> >produce something like that.
>
> Kent, what do you mean by "pure file format"? Do you mean straight
> ASCII? If so, there's  MPW's 411, which contains most of IM in plain
> text form.

Yes, we have 411, but it's not available for free :-) (ETO #4 CD). I tend to use the
Think reference app most of the time nowadays...

Kent