[comp.sys.mac.programmer] HELP : how to change the systemFont font in BUTTONS ?

iron@imag.imag.fr (Francois Menneteau) (06/20/91)

I know SetDaFont() works for editText and staticText, but not for buttons...

Thanks in advance.

--
Francois Menneteau ()   __|||||__   () "... I had their lives in my hands
================== ()    /O   O\    () their fate their fortune in my visions

neeri@iis.ethz.ch (Matthias Ulrich Neeracher) (06/20/91)

In article <22843@imag.imag.fr> iron@imag.imag.fr (Francois Menneteau) writes:
>I know SetDaFont() works for editText and staticText, but not for buttons...

CDEF 0 will use the window font instead if you add some constant that I believe
to be 8 to the variation code. So, a push button using the window font would
be 8. Unfortunately (Or was this fortunately :-), you need CNTL resources to use
this in dialogs.

Hope this helps

francis@zaphod.uchicago.edu (Francis Stracke) (06/21/91)

In article <NEERI.91Jun20133521@iis.ethz.ch> neeri@iis.ethz.ch (Matthias Ulrich Neeracher) writes:

>In article <22843@imag.imag.fr> iron@imag.imag.fr (Francois Menneteau) writes:
>>I know SetDaFont() works for editText and staticText, but not for buttons...

>CDEF 0 will use the window font instead if you add some constant that I believe
>to be 8 to the variation code. So, a push button using the window font would
>be 8. Unfortunately (Or was this fortunately :-), you need CNTL resources to use
>this in dialogs.

If you're using the Default CDEF posted here recently, you can add the
funky f to the end of the name (I think it was the end) & have the
button title show up in the window font; this works without using the
CNTL resources.

--
| Francis Stracke	       | My opinions are my own.  I don't steal them.|