[comp.sys.mac.programmer] problem with resedit 2.1

lamont@convex.com (Bradley Lamont) (06/19/91)

I am using ResEdit 2.1 to build resources for my program written in Think C
4.0.5, running under system 7.0.

Anyway, the problem...

I have a MENU resource with 5 resources, numbered 1000, 2000, ...
Anyway, when I run my program only the first, second, third, and fourth
menus show up.  If I reverse the calls in my program to InsertMenu for
the 4th and 5th menus, then the fifth, not the fourth, shows up.

Even wierder... Using the Think C debugger I looked at the menu items in
memory and they have ID's 128, 129, 130, 131, 128 (a duplicate number).

So why are the numbers different?

Please help.  I fixed the problem by creating a new resource file, but this
seems counter productive

Thanks
Brad Lamont

lamont@trojan.convex.com  Convex Computer Corp.
lamont@ux1.cso.uiuc.edu   The University of Illinois at Urbana/Champaign

usenet@Apple.COM (USENET Administrator) (06/25/91)

In article <lamont.677349763@convex.convex.com>, lamont@convex.com (Bradley Lamont) writes:

> I have a MENU resource with 5 resources, numbered 1000, 2000, ...
> Anyway, when I run my program only the first, second, third, and fourth
> menus show up.  If I reverse the calls in my program to InsertMenu for
> the 4th and 5th menus, then the fifth, not the fourth, shows up.
>
> Even wierder... Using the Think C debugger I looked at the menu items in
> memory and they have ID's 128, 129, 130, 131, 128 (a duplicate number).
>
> So why are the numbers different?

   Is it possible you've confused MENU resource id's with menu numbers? We
cannot reproduce your bug.

keith
resedit egr.