[comp.sys.mac.programmer] HP LaserJet & mac

meo@polari.UUCP (Errol Ozgencil) (06/19/91)

A friend of mine owns an HP LaserJet Plus and
would like to hang it on his mac. He's been able
to print text files by sending them with a terminal
emulator (ASCII file transfer) to the HP so physical
connection doesn't seem to be a problem. Anyone
know of a driver?

Erroll
meo@polari.uucp

john@newave.UUCP (John A. Weeks III) (06/21/91)

In article <4487@polari.UUCP> meo@polari.UUCP (Errol Ozgencil) writes:
> A friend of mine owns an HP LaserJet Plus and would like to hang
> it on his mac.

MacPrint 1.2 (or later) is a chooser level driver.  You could also
try Freedom Of The Press Light if you want to play with Postscript.
You may have to get a memory expansion for the printer to print full
page graphics.

-john-

John A. Weeks III               (612) 942-6969             john@newave.mn.org
NeWave Communications, Ltd.                        ...uunet!tcnet!newave!john

meo@polari.UUCP (Errol Ozgencil) (06/24/91)

>MacPrint 1.2 (or later) is a chooser level driver.  You could also
>try Freedom Of The Press Light if you want to play with Postscript.

Thank you for taking the time to reply. Is MacPrint commercial? If
so who makes it and how do I contact them? What about Freedom of the
press? If it's shareware, can you give me an ftp site?

Erroll
meo@polari.uucp

john@newave.UUCP (John A. Weeks III) (06/28/91)

In article <4552@polari.UUCP> meo@polari.UUCP (Errol Ozgencil) writes:
> > MacPrint 1.2 (or later) is a chooser level driver.  You could also
> > try Freedom Of The Press Light if you want to play with Postscript.

> Is MacPrint commercial? If so who makes it and how do I contact them?
> What about Freedom of the press? If it's shareware, can you give me an
> ftp site?

Not all good Mac software is free  8-(

Try looking for an ad for one of the mail order houses like the Mac
Connection.  Look in MacUser or MacWorld.  MacPrint is like $99 including
a serial cable.  Freedom of the Press is about $50.