[comp.sys.mac.programmer] mpw and 7.0

ulall@pub.uwrl.usu.edu (06/25/91)

sys 7.0 will not let me fire up mpw 3.1
i downloaded the mpw7.0 stuff from ftp.apple.com
but this did not help
what version do i need and what is the upgrade procedure ?
is it free ? is it downloadable or does one pay and write somewhere
Upmanu Lall											801-750-3184
Utah Water Research Laboratory						FAX 801-750-3663
Utah State University 									ulall@pub.uwrl.usu.edu
Logan UT 84322-8200

jordan@Apple.COM (Jordan Mattson) (06/26/91)

In article <1991Jun25.161902.23654@fcom.cc.utah.edu> ulall@pub.uwrl.usu.edu writes:
>sys 7.0 will not let me fire up mpw 3.1
>i downloaded the mpw7.0 stuff from ftp.apple.com
>but this did not help
>what version do i need and what is the upgrade procedure ?
>is it free ? is it downloadable or does one pay and write somewhere
>Upmanu Lall											801-750-3184
>Utah Water Research Laboratory						FAX 801-750-3663
>Utah State University 									ulall@pub.uwrl.usu.edu
>Logan UT 84322-8200

Dear Upmanu _
	APDA is currently taking orders for MPW 3.2.  MPW 3.2 is currently
in manufacturing and should be shipping by the end of the first week of
July.

--

Jordan Mattson                         UUCP:      jordan@apple.apple.com
Apple Computer, Inc.                   CSNET:     jordan@apple.CSNET

ksand@apple.com (Kent Sandvik) (06/28/91)

In article <1991Jun25.161902.23654@fcom.cc.utah.edu>, ulall@pub.uwrl.usu.edu writes:

> sys 7.0 will not let me fire up mpw 3.1
> i downloaded the mpw7.0 stuff from ftp.apple.com
> but this did not help
> what version do i need and what is the upgrade procedure ?
> is it free ? is it downloadable or does one pay and write somewhere

MPW 3.1 will not work properly with System 7, you need MPW 3.2, which
is available from APDA, either on the ETO#4 CD or as a separate product
(released just recently).

For more similar frequently-asked-release-questions, or FARQs, consult
the list I published a week ago on c.s.m.p (in order to decrease the
amount of similar questions, I hope ;-) ).

Regards,
Kent Sandvik