[comp.sys.mac.programmer] "unknown" has unexpectedly quit

osborn@ux1.lbl.gov (James R Osborn) (06/22/91)

In article <FRANCIS.91Jun18144223@arthur.uchicago.edu> francis@zaphod.uchicago.edu (Francis Stracke) writes:

> [...]
>
>	The application "unknown" has unexpectedly quit (error 25).
>
>(Needless to say, my app is not called "unknown.")
>
> [...]
>
>| Francis Stracke	       | My opinions are my own.  I don't steal them.|

Every program I have ever had crash has been called "unknown" by System 7.0
As I recall, System 6.0.x correctly named the crashing programs.  This is
occuring on a IIci with 8 megs RAM.  Does everyone's System 7.0 not know
the name of bombing applications?  Is this a bug?  How do I fix it?

-- James

.------------------------------.--------------------------------------.
| James R. Osborn              | It just goes to show you it's always |
| Lawrence Berkeley Laboratory | something.  Either it's baffling     |
| osborn@ux1.lbl.gov           | tech notes or your mac is smoking.   |
| (415) 548-8464               | It's always something...             |
'------------------------------'--------------------------------------'

dave@PRC.Unisys.COM (David Lee Matuszek) (06/29/91)

In article <14572@dog.ee.lbl.gov> osborn@ux1.lbl.gov (James R Osborn) writes:

>Every program I have ever had crash has been called "unknown" by System 7.0
>As I recall, System 6.0.x correctly named the crashing programs.  This is
>occuring on a IIci with 8 megs RAM.  Does everyone's System 7.0 not know
>the name of bombing applications?  Is this a bug?  How do I fix it?

I believe you are correct.  I've only had half-a-dozen bombs since I
got off System 6.0.7 (big sigh of relief), but I've never seen it
figure out the name of the program.

-- Dave Matuszek (dave@prc.unisys.com)  I don't speak for my employer. --
|   Freedom of speech:  1776-1991.  R.I.P.                              |