[comp.sources.games.bugs] conquer distribution

adb@bucsb.UUCP (Adam Bryant) (01/24/88)

there was no header.h file included with the posting
  of conquer on comp.sources.games:

   File Name		Archive #	Description
 MANIFEST                  1	This shipping list
 Makefile                  5
 README                    1
 cexecute.c                2
 combat.c                  4
 commands.c                3
 data.h                    6
 forms.c                   4
 help                      1
 io.c                      6
 magic.c                   3
 main.c                    3
 makeworld.c               2
 misc.c                    5
 move.c                    4
 nations                   5
 newlogin.c                1
 npc.c                     2
 randevent.c               5
 reports.c                 5
 run                       3

--
    Adam Bryant                     ||  ARPANET: adb@bucsb.bu.edu
    91 Bay State Rd                 ||  BITNET: adb@buenga engb0du@bostonu

yuan@uhccux.UUCP (Yuan Chang) (01/26/88)

In article <1426@bucsb.UUCP> adb@bucsb.UUCP (Adam Bryant) writes:
>there was no header.h file included with the posting
>  of conquer on comp.sources.games:

	I was able to copy header.h from Conquest, and then patch it
up enough so that make won't complain about all those "redeclaration of
xxxx".  Missing update.c is a more serious business, and you can't use
update.c from Conquest since the author has modified the program to do
bit manipulations (for keeping track of magic) instead of the prime
number manipulation.  man.page I can do without.

	As far as I've been able to figure out, header.h for Conquer
is just header.h for Conquest, minus everything below the "Don't
modify below this line" message.

--
Yuan Chang
UUCP:      {ihnp4,uunet,ucbvax,dcdwest}!sdcsvax!nosc!uhccux!yuan

hobie@sq.uucp (Hobie Orris) (01/28/88)

I have just started subscribing to this group, and I see there is something
called conquer which is based on conquest. I am porting conquest to a non-Unix
environment, and this might be useful.  Could someone explain the differences?

 Hobie Orris			 	|
 guest of SoftQuad Inc., Toronto, Ont.	|"There'll be no more giant leeches
 {ihnp4 | decvax | ? }!utzoo!sq!hobie	| When you find the good Lord Jesus"